Hofstra University is nationally ranked and recognized as Long Island’s largest private university located in Hempstead, N.Y. When you work at Hofstra, you join a team of talented professionals committed to preparing students for the challenges of tomorrow, in an environment that cultivates learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. The work we do at Hofstra supports the education and well-being of our students, and the workforce of the future. While working towards this mission, employees can take advantage of many enriching experiences on campus. Whether it’s a lunchtime lecture, a Division I NCAA athletics game, a musical concert, a theatre performance, or a visit to one of our two accredited museums, there is always something exciting to do at Hofstra. Enjoy the ease of going to the fitness center, taking a swim, or grabbing a bite to eat without having to leave our beautiful campus! Hofstra University is dedicated to recruiting and retaining a highly qualified and diverse academic community of students, faculty, staff, and administrators respectful of the contributions and dignity of each of its members. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.Position Title:
IT Support Manager, Maurice Deane School of Law Position Number:
School of LawDepartment:
Law School - Institutional SupportFull-Time or Part-Time:
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology Services, the IT Support Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Help Desk, providing phone, email, walk-in and field technical support to end users for issues associated with desktop computer hardware, software, mobile devices, and printers. The IT Support Manager interacts within a fast-paced help desk environment, servicing the entire Law School Community. The successful candidate will be able to provide excellent hardware/software/audiovisual support to students, faculty, and staff, update these users on requests, and work collaboratively to ensure the smooth operations of the Law School Help Desk Office. This position requires the availability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises, trains, and assigns tasks to part-time student assistants.
- Manages the escalation process for complex technical issues.
- Implements and maintains various customer service applications, including the automated classroom lecture capture system.
- Oversees the Help Desk request tracking system within the Law School.
- Assists with the upgrading and troubleshooting of hardware and software.
- Supports daily classroom technology setups.
- Develops and updates documentation for Help Desk policies, procedures, training materials, and application support.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Help Desk or technical support role.
- Experience with supervising and training staff.
- Basic knowledge in upgrading and troubleshooting hardware and software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy, with the capability to manage sensitive situations professionally and maintain harmonious relationships.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities, preferably in an IT context.
- Experience working in an academic environment preferred.
- Prior experience managing an automated classroom lecture capture system.
- Prior experience with Help Desk request tracking systems.
- Experience in creating documentation for policies, procedures, training materials, and application support.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation, with a proven ability to think outside the box and develop unique solutions to complex problems.
Please include a resume, cover letter (including salary requirement), and contact information for 3 professional references along with your application.Deadline:
Open Until FilledDate Posted:
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.Salary/Salary Range: