Information Center Representative (Office Administrative Assistant II)Requisition Number:
Under the supervision of the Associate Director, the Information Center Representative, (Office Administrative Assistant II) position provides tactical, administrative, and operational support in the College’s Information Center. Primary responsibilities include providing outstanding customer service via electronic communications, in-person, and/or telephone (inbound and outbound) in a timely, professional and efficient manner; assisting callers by providing general College information; scheduling placement tests and registration sessions; researching and resolving issues, or escalating complex issues, as needed.
Success starts at Community College of Philadelphia. Innovators and difference makers work at Community College of Philadelphia. Diversity thrives at Community College of Philadelphia. We are a college that is committed to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff. We challenge each other and ourselves to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College and the betterment of Philadelphia. We value and support an intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us and become a part of a community that has long been and will continue to be generators of generational chance in this city and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
• Provide quality customer service in responding to all College information and process inquiries from incoming students, current students, members of the community and all prospects in the county, out of county, and out of state, redirecting to other College offices as needed.Minimum Qualifications:
• Provide information and assistance to incoming students regarding the various steps involved in general College procedures, specifically those related to the admissions and enrollment process.
• Assist in outgoing phone calling projects to include appointment reminders and recruitment/enrollment campaigns and follow up on escalated or research related issues.
• Assist incoming students with scheduling placement tests and registration sessions using appropriate modules in Banner and customer relationship management (CRM) system.
• Assist callers in navigating the College’s website.
• Remain knowledgeable of processes and procedures regarding enrollment management to resolve basic questions and/or problems regarding admissions, financial aid, registration and related academic support services.
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through active listening, verifying instructions, and asking questions to clarify understanding of a new or complex assignment and seeking additional clarification as needed.
• Assist the Manager in data collection needed to evaluate the current state of doing business by offering recommendations to improve the operation of the Information Center.
• Adhere to established benchmarks for calls answered compared to calls presented.
• Deliver exceptional quality customer service over telephone, in person, and via electronic communications.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the College.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A high school diploma or its equivalent (e.g., GED) required.Preferred Qualifications:
• At least one (1) year of work experience in a call center, help desk, or information center required.
• Ability to work in a quality-controlled, performance-measured work environment required.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously required.
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
• Ability to give and receive feedback in a constructive manner required.
Demonstrated ability to handle conflict situations in a calm, courteous manner required.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment required.
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse community of internal and external stakeholders (e.g. students, parents, faculty, and community partners) by effectively using cross-cultural skills and abilities required.
• Associates degree preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.Work Location:
• Related work experience providing customer service to students in a higher education setting via telephone, electronic communications and face to face strongly preferred.
• Bilingual or multilingual capabilities strongly preferred.
• At least one (1) year of face-to-face customer service experience preferred.
• Proficiency using an enterprise-wide system (i.e. Ellucian Banner), MS Word and MS Excel preferred.
• Previous experience using a customer relationship management (CRM) system preferred.
“Success Starts Here” is our message to the Philadelphia community – and at Community College of Philadelphia, we recognize that our success as a college and the success of our students starts with our employees. Our employees are vital to our success. Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive offer of benefits that are unrivaled by most.Our benefits include:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employees and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months (off on Fridays)
- Most employees work from home one day each week
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Special Instructions to Applicants:Interested persons should complete an online application.Salary Grade or Rank:
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer.• Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is eligible for partial remote work at the managers discretion.
$18.66 - $35.59Type of Position:
ClassifiedEmployment Status :