Teach Business/Marketing classes within the Business and Computer Technology department. Maintains a high level of excellence in teaching by communicating and interacting effectively with students enrolled in courses within the program area. Prepares materials needed for course instruction and testing. Keeps student records and adheres to course schedules. Uses learning management systems to communicate with students, faculty, and staff. Participates in the collection of student learning outcomes. Assists the Accounting Program Director or Department Chair with timely notification of any shortfall in supplies or equipment needed for instruction. Conducts lectures, discussions, and other teaching activities. Relates instruction and material to course objectives. Provides students with course syllabi and correlates grade assignments with skill and course competency. Submits grades, reports, and records in a timely manner. Remains current in field. Must have a broad knowledge of Marketing practices and principles. Teach general business classes.
- Provide high quality instruction, teach courses as assigned, provide students with course documentation, demonstrate effective interaction skills, relate instruction/materials to course objectives, develop creative class activities, use various teaching techniques, and organize instruction.
- Provide academic advising, assist with recruitment, develop and implement successful retention activities, assist in graduate placement, assist in student orientation/registration, provide appropriate safety instruction.
- Manage classroom/lab, clinic activities in an orderly manner, hold 8 office hours per week, submit all required reports in a timely manner, prepare budget projections for equipment and supplies, and practice good housekeeping, repair equipment as appropriate.
- Design new programs, revise curricula, develop new courses, develop and revise instructional materials for current courses, participate in advisory committees.
- Work on college committees, perform public service for the college, supervise/chaperone student events, promote the purpose and institutional objections of the college, and build rapport with employers of graduates.
Persons interested in this opportunity should apply online at SC State Jobs. Please complete the State application to include current and previous work history and education. A resume' may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. Please upload copies of all College transcripts with your application and resume'. Florence-Darlington Technical College, P.O. Box 100548, Florence, SC 29502-0548. EOE/AA/ADA/M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
To claim Veteran’s Preference, all eligible persons must select their veteran’s status on the application and submit a DD Form 214. Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty upon request and prior to an interview. Persons claiming veteran status without accompanying documentation (DD Form 214) shall not receive preference. “Veteran” means a person who served in any branch of the United States Armed Forces on active duty, for reasons other than training, and was discharged under honorable conditions.