: Professional StaffSubscribe:
: Student Financial ServicesLocations:
: Boston, MAPosted:
: Sep 20, 2023Closes:
: Oct 19, 2023 - 11:59 PM EDTType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: UNPPosition ID:
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
- Maintains a caseload of students, which includes performing needs analysis according to FM, completing verification, requesting additional documentation for conflicting information, determining academic progress and other responsibilities related to the financial aid process.
- Reviews Satisfactory Academic Progress appeals and academic plans to determine student aid eligibility.
- Counsels/advises students and parents relating to financial aid application procedures, available resources, eligibility guidelines, regulations, loans, and special circumstances
- Participates in the awarding, disbursement, and reconciliation of all Title IV and state programs.
- Acts as a liaison to and supports operation of BHCC Student Central one stop office
- Review cases of special conditions to determine whether these cases warrant the application of professional judgment.
- Interacts with various agencies/individuals to coordinate student benefits and financial aid
- Conducts workshops regarding the financial aid application process and procedures for new and renewal applicants.
- Assists in the continued development of the financial aid computer system and integration of all college, federal, and state systems.
- Serves on various department, division, and college committees
- Additional duties as assigned
- Master's degree in education, Business Administration, Accounting, Human Services, or closely related field; with three years' experience and/or training involving financial aid operations, or loan processing; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of federal and state student aid policies, procedures, and eligibility requirements
- Knowledge of federal and state aid management systems
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Ellucian Colleague experience
Salary Range: $58,320 - $59,244. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement
Grade 5, Unit-Professional position
Review Date: October 19, 2023
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE