: Part Time Non-Benefited PositionsSubscribe:
: Library & Learning CommonsLocations:
: Boston, MAPosted:
: Sep 19, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-time TemporaryPosition ID:
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
Bunker Hill Community College seeks a self-motivated, service oriented, part-time Library Assistant to work as part of the Library and Learning Commons (LLC) team, comprised of the Library and Tutoring and Academic Support Center (TASC), serving students, faculty, staff, and community users.
The Library Assistant performs support services in one or more library functions in the Library and Learning Commons (LLC), which provides library services to students, faculty, staff, and community members. These functions may include circulation; assisting with curation and collection development; interlibrary loans; reserves; basic reference; assisting in the institutional archives. Incumbents are expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong information technology literacy skills.
Duties include, and are not limited to:
- Processing library materials for circulation, including examining those materials for damage and for completeness of sets of materials
- Assists with processing patron inter-library loan requests, which may involve online searches of national databases
- Assist with processing of materials in the Archives as needed
- Performing basic assistance in the use of the library's online catalog and library equipment
- Processing requests for equipment and scheduling its use by patrons as needed
- Performing general assistance on the library's digital presence, which may include email, instant chat, and social media
- Associate degree or two (2) years of related experience
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively and inclusively with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students in physical and virtual environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills; verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Experience in answering directional reference consultations, such as locating books and general databases
- Capacity for working enthusiastically, flexibly, and creatively in a student-centered environment
Salary: $32.00 hourly (18.5 hours per week)
Review Date: open until filled
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as noted above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE