Adjunct faculty will provide instruction and service in support of college policies and procedures, along with participation in professional development opportunities.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of a Master’s degree in English or a related/applied subfield, or a Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in English or a related/applied subfield.
ADDITIONAL APPLICANT NEEDS:
In addition to the minimum qualifications listed for this position, all prospective adjunct faculty are expected to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Commitment to student retention and success.
- Commitment to development and assessment of student learning.
- Use of technology and innovative approaches to enhance teaching and learning, including distance learning and alternative delivery systems.
- Willingness to support a diverse population of learners inside and beyond the classroom.
- Ability to work in a participatory and collegial setting.
- Ability to teach in-person, on-campus courses Monday through Friday.
PRIMARY TEACHING NEEDS:
This position is primarily for in-person, on-campus courses taught a variation of days (Monday through Friday) on Main Campus in Tallahassee, Florida.
Courses needed are time blocks during the morning, mid-day, and afternoon. A small amount of evening options may also be available.