Plumber Apprentice - 30863 Classified Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Facilities Management Job Title: Plumber Apprentice Position: #216302 - Requisition: #30863 Job Summary:
The Plumber Apprentice will learn to design and install various plumbing and mechanical systems, performing preventative and corrective maintenance on plumbing, mechanical, fire protection, infrastructure, and HVAC systems as well as pump repairs, water treatment for closed loops, utility locates, and back flow prevention. The Plumber Apprentice collaborates with clients, project managers, contractors and other trades to ensure proper installation and operation of facility systems. The responsibilities of this position include attending Plumbing Trades School and maintaining adequate attendance as well as maintain a 2.5 GPA Key Responsibilities: Installation & Preventative/Corrective Maintenance 45%: The Apprentice will learn and train to install and conduct preventative/corrective maintenance on plumbing and mechanical systems in accordance with building codes, job specifications and University of Colorado building standards. Fire Protection 20%: The Apprentice assists with performing preventative and corrective maintenance on fire protection systems in accordance with NFPA 99. Infrastructure/Utility Locate Services 20%: The apprentice assists with performing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance on campus infrastructure, to include high-pressure steam, condensate, chilled water, sanitary, storm, and domestic water systems. This position will identify the type and location of underground utilities and be able to direct locate contractors on issues regarding utility locate requests. Lab Systems 15%: The Apprentice must become familiar with specific systems that are used throughout campus research facilities and patient care. The apprentice must become certified, and will receive training and in certain circumstances certification in the proper methods used to join and maintain DI/RO water, lab waste and vent, lab vacuum, carbon dioxide, natural gas, and other systems specific to a research and patient care facility. Work Location: Onsite
– This role is expected to work onsite and is located in Anschutz Medical Campus Aurora, Colorado. Why Join Us:
Apply today to be part of a team, where the focus is on doing the job right, not maximizing profit. Working at a campus allows you to learn the buildings, equipment, and people, without always having to walk into an unfamiliar situation. We are looking for someone with a solid background in the industry. Someone with a good attitude, who works well with others, and has the desire to learn more.
You will be set up for success. We will provide you with the training necessary to become proficient in the equipment we maintain. There are also paid external training opportunities for beneficial technical and professional development courses. All hand and specialty tools you need will be provided Here you can have an improved work-life balance, where the times you will have to work outside of your normal schedule are rare. Your work at Anschutz will directly support medical research and education. Come to a place where you can have a career, not just another job. For more information about the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical campus please visit: www.cuanschutz.edu.
In addition to a generous salary, the University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, PERA retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, holidays, and more. Highlights include: Medical:
Multiple affordable plan options Dental:
Multiple affordable plan options Additional Insurance:
Disability, Life, Vision, and Wellness PERA Retirement Plans with employer contributions Paid Time Off:
Accruals over the year Vacation Days:
12 Sick Days:
14 Holiday Days:
10 Tuition Benefit:
Eligible employees and their qualifying dependents have the benefit on any of the four CU campuses Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) ECO Pass:
RTD Bus and light rail service Additional Perks & Programs:
Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
To see what specific benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication, and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours worked per week as minimum experience is calculated on a 40-hour/week basis. Minimum Qualifications: Two years of experience in building maintenance, repair and operations services, construction, grounds, or other mechanical field Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application. Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of application. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Conditions of Employment / Necessary Special Qualifications:
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Mechanical ability, and Physical ability
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience that demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds
- Experience that demonstrates strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written form which includes the ability to check for typographical, grammatical, and spelling errors.
- Planning and organization skills
- The selected candidate must be willing and able to attend Plumbing Trades School while maintaining adequate attendance, as well as maintaining at least a 2.5 GPA.
- The selected candidate must register with the Department of Regulator Agencies (DORA) and the Divisions of Professions and Occupations.
- The selected candidate must enroll with the Construction Industry Training Council. This is the classroom training or school portion of the program. The Construction Industry Training Council will provide, track, and report all the necessary information including the 144 hours per year of classroom training to meet the federal requirements of the program.
- Apprentices must register with DORA as an individual. You must register an account (name, SSN, address, etc.) with DORA. If you have ever been registered as an apprentice before, provide the apprentice number to your supervisor.
- Apprentices are given one number to carry until they pass an exam for another license.
- The selected candidate must agree to an extended 2 years of service in Facilities Management, in the specific trade, after completion of the journeyman certificate
- The selected candidate must agree to reimburse Facilities Management for the full cost of tuition if they fail to complete the training or leaves the University prior to finishing the extended 2 years of service commitment
- Must be a resident of the State of Colorado at the time of application.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid State of Colorado Driver's License.
- Must be willing and able to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle checks, and drug test.
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident, incident, or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Facilities Operations Department Policies.
- Must be willing and able to stand and walk on a constant basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to climb, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach above shoulders on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds on a constant basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to push and pull on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to use manual dexterity, eye/hand coordination, and near vision on a constant basis.
- Must be willing and able to use hearing and verbal communication on a constant basis.
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions including snow, rain, heat, and cold.
- Must be willing and able to work with chemicals/solvents.
- Must be willing and able to work in areas where you may be exposed to hazardous chemicals or infectious materials.
- Must be willing and able to operate moving equipment and work around machinery or moving equipment.
- Must be willing and able to work around noise/vibrations.
- Must be willing and able to work alone, above ground, and in small confined spaces.
- Must be willing and able to walk on uneven surfaces and climb on scaffolds/ladders.
- Must be willing and able to work straight or rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Apprentices must register with DORA as an individual. You must register an account (name, SSN, address, etc.) with Dora. If you have ever been registered as an apprentice before, provide the apprentice number to your supervisor. Do not create another account in the DORA system. Apprentices are given one number to carry until they pass an exam for another license.
NOTE: This position has been designated as essential personnel, "Subject to call 24 hours per day, seven days per week" and may be required to carry a pager. Position may also be required to "Stay over late" or "Come in early" to "Cover" shifts, as needed, and may be required to respond to any emergencies as needed. If hired, you will be required to provide effective off-hours phone contact info for emergency call-in purposes. How to Apply:
Questions should be directed to: Megan Freije, firstname.lastname@example.org Application Materials Instructions:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until October 4, 2023.
To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines your qualifications. Special Instructions to Applicants
Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting and include a current email address and phone number. Please address minimum qualifications, competencies, and preferred qualifications in your cover letter, as these along with previous work experience will be used in the assessment process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions: https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials. Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. Interviews based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications, and competencies listed in the posting. Candidates will be evaluated, scored, and ranked based on oral responses Interviews may be over the phone, videoconference, or in-person
You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established as
- The above hiring range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
- This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans, and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Special Instructions to Applicants: Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20693 - ADM AVCFM BMO Anschutz Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Sep 20, 2023 Unposting Date
: Oct 5, 2023, 5:59:00 AM Posting Contact Name: Megan Freije Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00216302
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency