Plant Maintenance Mechanic (Two Positions)
$5,972.00 - $6,913.00 Monthly
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Maintenance & Operations
10/11/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Under direction, perform journeyman work in the installation, maintenance, and repair of air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, and ventilation systems and equipment; perform journeyman level electrical maintenance, repair and installation; and provide monitoring and maintenance support for the college's Central Plant and related energy management system(s) (EMS); perform related duties as required.Responsibilities Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Assess, monitor, and respond to, as appropriate, infrastructure needs in the Central Plant and all facilities connected to the college's energy management (EMS) systems (e.g. Siemens and InetSupervisor).
- Monitor and maintain Central Plant daily logs and equipment (e.g. chillers, boilers, Thermal Energy Storage [TES] tank, cooling towers, variable frequency drives (VFDs), pumps, and motors) for optimal performance utilizing proactive measures.
- Monitor and maintain EMS/Central Plant control systems for optimal performance utilizing proactive measures; adjust EMS schedules and set points, as necessary.
- Monitor and record daily Central Plant water hardness and pH balances.
- Control, manage, and monitor indoor/outdoor lighting systems in accordance with good energy management practices.
- Act as a liaison with equipment vendors and contractors for troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Assist with the troubleshooting and repair of problems related to the district's fire alarm, security, and access control systems.
- Inspect, install, replace, adjust, disassemble, clean and repair air conditioning and heating systems and component parts, including compressors, pneumatic controls, valves, pumps, fans, registers, and piping.
- Test, repair or replace motors, thermostats and gauges; maintain and install ductwork (to include retrofitting and upgrading).
- Add refrigerant and oils to equipment; change filters.
- Test, locate, and repair trouble in electrical circuits and equipment (including circuit breakers, switch gears, motors, starters, transformers, and other components).
- Design new electrical circuits for new equipment; receive and install new equipment (including lab equipment and related components).
- Install electrical wiring and parts such as switches, receptacles, alarm systems, circuit breakers, and lighting fixtures; replace starters and ballast; rewire fixtures and electrical machinery.
- Perform general maintenance duties at a journeyman level, which may include, but is not limited to carpentry, painting, and plumbing.
- Schedule and assure completion of preventive maintenance tasks on equipment, such as, Central Plant equipment, heaters, water heaters, fans, kitchen equipment (e.g. walk-in refrigerators, beverage coolers, service deli units), and air conditioners.
- Provide training to hourly and regular staff as necessary in the areas of plant maintenance and safety.
- Clean tools and equipment, including those related to components of the EMS control systems, and maintain orderly and safe work areas.
- Follow written or verbal instructions; keep records; read and update blueprints, diagrams or schematics.
- Assist contractors in locating potential plant problems that may arise due to new construction (includes participating in walk-throughs, final inspections); make repairs as necessary.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
MEETING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS DOES NOT ASSURE THE CANDIDATE OF AN INTERVIEW. Applications will be evaluated taking into account the breadth and depth of relevant education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities.Additional Information SPECIAL CONDITIONSWorking hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 4:00pm . Hours may vary according to the assignment.A valid California driver's license is required.Ability to pass a post-offer, pre-employment physical.APPLICATION PROCESS
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of a community college environment.
- Two (2) years of experience operating, monitoring and maintaining Central Plant equipment and energy management control systems.
- Two (2) years of experience performing journeyman work in the installation, maintenance and repair of air conditioning, heating, refrigeration and ventilation systems and electrical maintenance, repair and installation.
- Job competencies as indicated below:
- Education and Experience:
- Working in a related field.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to:
- Operate computer systems which control college EMS systems.
- Read blueprints and electrical drawings, schematics and diagrams.
- Make arithmetical calculations.
- Meet deadlines and schedules.
- Obtain EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) universal certification within six (6) months of employment.
- Demonstrated skill in:
- Operation, maintenance and monitoring of Central Plant equipment and energy management control systems.
- Operation, care, maintenance, diagnoses, and repair of various types of air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, and ventilation systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of:
- Central Plant operations (equipment and energy management systems)
- Air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, ventilation, and electrical theories and practices.
- Related safety precautions.
Chaffey College utilizes an online electronic application system. The application can be accessed at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/chaffey
. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents: Please do not include any additional documents only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified. Please do not submit letters of recommendation or documents that contain your photograph. Cover Letter (Required)ResumeCONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, 12-month, classified bargaining unit position. Starting date: as soon as possible. Range 28 of the CSEA Salary Schedule, with a starting salary of Step A, $5,972 - Step D, $6,913. Excellent benefit package.
Being able and ready to work onsite at a Chaffey facility or location is an essential function of this job. Being able and ready to work in-person with Chaffey students, Chaffey employees, or other members of the Chaffey community/Chaffey partners/Chaffey contractors is an essential function of this job.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/chaffey/jobs/4163850/plant-maintenance-mechanic-two-positions
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency