Assistant Professor of Chicanx, Latinx, U.S.-Mexican/Central American Literatures & Cultures
Posting Close Date:
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese
seeks to hire a tenure track Assistant Professor of Chicano/a/x, Latino/a/x, U.S.-Mexican, U.S.-Central American Literatures and Cultures
with a 2-2 teaching load. For purposes of annual merit evaluation, instructors are assessed at 40% teaching, 40% research and 20% service obligations. Expected start August 2024, pending final A&S approval.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese
is a vibrant, multicultural, diverse community of scholars, students, and staff deeply engaged in the study of the languages, cultures, societies, literatures and arts of Latin America, the Iberian Peninsula, and the growing US Latino population. We are committed to providing an excellent education and an intellectually stimulating environment to undergraduate and graduate students alike. Teaching lies at the core of our mission, as does innovative and relevant scholarship in all periods of Latin American and Spanish literature and cultures as well as Hispanic Linguistics. Our faculty is made up of more than forty individuals ranging in training and experience from Teaching Assistants to senior Full Professors. Each of us is actively engaged in providing the best possible academic experience for our students. We firmly believe that diversity, equity, and antiracism make our community stronger, our department more dynamic, and our work better. You can find a link to our diversity statement here
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
The position entails a teaching load of 2/2 with undergraduate and graduate teaching and mentoring responsibilities. The successful candidate will produce a strong record of publications and will participate in a variety of service responsibilities as a faculty member. This position will start in August 2024.
What You Should Know
What We Can Offer
- The position can include sub specializations in indigeneity, Afro-Latinx, globalization, migration, environmental and digital humanities, and transnational identities, and in addition to literary studies, focus on film, visual art, music, performance studies, media, creative writing, and digital culture. The Department seeks to expand our expertise and increase our course offerings and representation of minority populations like Chicano/a/x, Latino/a/x, or Hispanic communities.
- As part of the University of Colorado Boulder’s deep commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, the campus has implemented a reference check pilot program with respect to final candidates for tenured faculty appointments. The reference check pilot program is intended to allow CU Boulder to collect and review information about a candidate's conduct at their previous institutions, specifically conduct related to sexual misconduct, harassment, and/or discrimination – before making hiring decisions. All final candidates for tenured faculty appointments are required to complete an Authorization to Release Information.
- The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $82,000 annually.
- Moving expenses may be available to the final candidate.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be unique. Be visionary. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Ph.D. in hand by August 1, 2024 in Spanish and or Latin American literatures and cultures, Chicano/a/x/Latino/a/x Studies, or related fields. Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and English.
What You Will Need
The successful candidate will have knowledge of Chicano/a/x, Latino/a/x or Hispanic literatures and cultures and/or the literatures of the Mexican and Latin American diasporas.
To apply, please submit the materials in pdf format with the following naming convention “Last Name_FirstName_Name of document”.
- Current Curriculum Vitae (LastName_FirstName_CV.pdf).
- Cover Letter expressing interest in the position, which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications (LastName_FirstName_Cover.pdf).
- Transcripts (LastName_FirstName_transcipts.pdf).
- List of three references (LastName_FirstName_threereferences.pdf).
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy (LastName_FirstName_TeachingPhilosophy.pdf).
- Statement of Research Philosophy (LastName_FirstName_ResearchPhilosophy.pdf).
- Diversity and Inclusion Statement (LastName_FirstName_DiversityInclusion.pdf).
- Statement Describing Research Related Goals (Optional).
- Statement Describing Teaching Related Goals (Optional).
Full consideration will be given to applications received by November 15th, 2023. Posting will remain available until finalists have been identified.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Assistant-Professor-of-Chicanx-Latinx-U-S-Mexican-Central-American-Literatures-Cultures/51741
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency