Facilities Maintenance Technician Lead (Housing)
University of Colorado Denver
Facilities Maintenance Technician Lead (Housing) - 31228 Classified Staff Description University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical CampusDepartment: Facilities ManagementJob Title: PMT- II Facilities Maintenance Technician Lead (Housing)Position # 697523 - Requisition # 31228 Job Summary:
Join the Facilities Management Department on the University of Colorado Denver Campus as a PMT-II Facilities Maintenance Technician Lead (Housing). This is a full-time state classified position. The PMT-II Facilities Maintenance Technician Lead (Housing) position: On-call after hours (which includes weekends and holidays to support 24 hours a day, 7 days- a-week operation. Maintain all facilities and operating systems in a safe and efficient working order. This includes regular maintenance on HVAC, electrical, mechanical, utility systems, interior finishes, and appliances and coordinate work with journey level technicians and contractors. You will record issues and make work reports via email, log your work in CMMS and monitor building systems in BAS and perform various other duties and tasks as required.Key Responsibilities:
- As the team lead, coordinates the team's tasks, manages procurement, reviews WO entries, and assists team members as needed.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance as assigned.
- Maintain facility safety with snow removal, lighting, and wayfinding signage.
- Will maintain the inside and outside of student rooms and common areas (including Laundry room, mechanical rooms, electrical rooms, kitchens, HVAC, etc.)
- Effective Communication with vendors and contractors
- Maintain reports and inventory via electronic records and database.
- Operate university vehicles to transport necessary tools/equipment to work sites.
- Respond to alarms/emergencies and make resolution. Set priorities based on urgency.
- Make necessary changes in BAS to various building systems operating parameters.
- Collaborate with team members to improve team performance.
- Work closely with the supervisor to implement leadership directives.
- Participate in after-hours call-back rotation.
Work Location: Onsite
- this role is expected to work onsite and is located in Denver, Colorado.
Why Join Us:
Apply today to be part of a team, where the focus is supporting the University's mission of educating the next generation. We are looking for someone with a solid maintenance/service background. Someone who works well with others and has the desire to learn more and develop new skills.
You will be set up for success. We will provide you with the training necessary to become proficient in the equipment we maintain. There are also paid external training opportunities for beneficial technical and professional development courses. All of the hand and specialty tools you need will be provided. We offer robust training program for anyone interested in growing their career options. From hands-on work with journey level technicians and online self-paced technical training, to paid external trades certifications and CU employee tuition assistance, CU Denver can be the place to boost your career trajectory. Come to a place where you can develop a career, not just another job. For more information about the University of Colorado Denver campus please visit: www.ucdenver.edu
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Denver is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Qualifications: Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours worked per week as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
- Two years of progressively responsible residential maintenance experience, including minor repairs to HVAC, electrical, lighting, and plumbing systems and indoor finishes.
- Substitution: Successful completion of a formalized plumbing, pipefitting, steamfitting, or heating, ventilation and air conditioning apprenticeship program, or higher level, non-correspondence course work in the same fields from an accredited vocational school or university may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
- Experience in a leadership role
- Experience fixing and maintaining equipment and machinery
- Experience in heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Experience performing basic data entry into a computer
- Experience keeping activity logs
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written form.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Physical Ability
- Planning and organization skills.
- Knowledge of residential MEP systems
NOTE: This position has been designated as essential personnel and will be required to respond to emergencies as needed. Position may also be required to stay late, come in early, or cover shifts as needed. If hired, you will be required to provide effective off-hours phone contact information for emergency call-in purposes.
- Must be a resident of the State of Colorado at the time of application.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid State of Colorado Driver's License.
- Must be willing and able to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle checks and drug test.
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident, incident, or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Facilities Operations Department Policies.
- Must be willing and able to stand and walk on a constant basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to climb, crawl, kneel, bend and reach above shoulders on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds on a constant basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to push and pull on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to use manual dexterity, eye/hand coordination and near vision on a constant basis.
- Must be willing and able to use hearing and verbal communication on a constant basis.
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions including snow, rain, heat, and cold.
- Must be willing and able to work with chemicals/solvents.
- Must be willing and able to work in areas where you may be exposed to hazardous chemicals or infectious materials.
- Must be willing and able to operate moving equipment and work around machinery or moving equipment.
- Must be willing and able to work around noise/vibrations.
- Must be willing and able to work alone, above ground and in small, confined spaces.
- Must be willing and able to walk on uneven surfaces and climb on scaffolds/ladders.
- Must be willing to work first shift 7:30am to 4:00pm weekdays and subject to on call 24/7. Work overtime when needed to support the operation.
How to Apply:
Questions should be directed to: Megan Freije, email@example.comApplication Materials Instructions:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until October 3, 2023.
To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting:
Special Instructions to Applicants
- A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines your qualifications.
- Please include job titles, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis
- Three to five professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address
Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting and include a current email address and phone number. Please address minimum qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your cover letter, as these along with previous work experience will be used in the assessment process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions: https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials. Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. Interviews based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses Interviews may be over the phone, videoconference or in-person
You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established as $4,669 - $5,416 per month.This position may be eligible for a one-time non-base building sign-on bonus up to $2,000. Details of this recruitment incentive program will be provided during the interview process. Current University of Colorado employees are not eligible for this incentive.
The above hiring range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
In addition to a generous salary, the University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, PERA retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off - vacation, sick, holidays and more. Highlights include:
- Medical: Multiple affordable plan options with CU contributions of 85% to 90% of your premiums, making medical care affordable for you and your dependents
- Dental: Multiple affordable plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- PERA Retirement Plans with employer contributions
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 12
- Sick Days: 10
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: Eligible employees and their qualifying dependents have the benefit on any of the four CU campuses.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: https://advantage.cu.edu/campus/cu-anschutz
To see what specific benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Special Instructions to Applicants: Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until October 3, 2023. To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines your qualifications. Please include job titles, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis Three to five professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address Job Category
: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts Primary Location
: Denver Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 30353 - ADM AVCFM BMO Denver Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Sep 19, 2023 Unposting Date
: Oct 4, 2023, 5:59:00 AM Posting Contact Name: Megan Freije Posting Contact Email: Megan.email@example.com Position Number: 00697523
To apply, please visit: https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=31228&lang=en
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency