Cook – Psychiatry (ARTS) - 31223 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus School of Medicine | Department of Psychiatry | Addiction Research & Treatment Services (ARTS) Official Title: Dining Services III Working Title: Cook – Psychiatry (ARTS) Position: #00675420 – Requisition: #31223 Job Summary:
ARTS- Addiction Research and Treatment Services strives to elevate on-campus cuisine to its delicious full potential by providing creative, tasty, and health-conscious food options to the ARTS residential community on the Fort Logan campus. We are looking for a talented culinary cook to enhance existing menus and meet a multitude of tastes and deliver great food. Join us in helping to change lives through nutrition and food! Key Responsibilities:
- Create and follow a nutritional, weekly menu. Cook and prepare large quantities of food for approximately 60 clients daily.
- To ensure compliance of Health and Food Safety Requirements, candidate must have prior knowledge of food safety guidelines, which include, but are not limited to preventing cross-contamination, controlling time and temperature, cleaning and sanitizing, HACCP guidelines (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points).
- Ability to operate and properly maintain large, commercial grade cooking equipment such as grills, slicers, deep-fat fryers, griddles, stove, oven, etc.
- Support and adhere to University of Colorado Denver and ARTS policies / procedures which includes maintaining required documentation and ensure paperwork is maintained accurately and up to date.
- Maintain contact with vendors while ensuring compliance with all University procedures and policies.
- Order and verify food and supplies on a weekly basis. May need to pick up food and supplies.
- Ensure operational budget is followed and maintained.
Onsite – this role is expected to work onsite and is located in Southwest Denver, Colorado at Fort Logan. Why Join Us:
ARTS residential treatment programs have provided treatment for men and women for over 45 years. We are looking to treat the whole person, providing a safe setting to address substance use disorders, co-occurring disorders, and wellness issues. A primary component of this is providing healthy meals to our clients while in treatment. We are looking for staff who want to make a difference in people's lives and work with our dedicated team. We are located on the beautiful and historical grounds of Fort Logan in Southwest Denver.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Documented experience in food safety and sanitation practices.
- Experience working in a residential addiction treatment program.
- Experience developing and preparing menus.
- Experience taking inventory, stocking supplies utilizing outside vendors.
- Budget experience.
- Documented experience operating large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, slicers, deep-fat fryers, griddles, stove, oven, etc.
- At least two (2) years of experience in an institution, cafeteria food service industry, or related area.
- Must have prior knowledge and experience adhering to food safety guidelines.
Conditions of Employment:
- Microsoft office skills including Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and staff.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse client populations and uphold professional boundaries at all times.
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision.
- Ability to learn from client participation, demonstrating fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and show compassion without being ineffectual.
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Appreciation for food, nutrition, and cooking.
- Desire to contribute to the success of the program.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply:
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid State of Colorado Driver's License. This position may be required to periodically pick up food supplies from vendors.
- Must agree to fingerprinting, criminal background check, and child abuse registry check. Individuals in recovery from substance abuse must have one year's abstinence from alcohol and drug problems, agree to continued abstinence, and provide urine samples upon request and under observation.
- In accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA), ARTS cannot employ individuals who may have contact with residents who have (1) engaged in sexual abuse in a prison, jail, lockup, community confinement facility, juvenile facility, or other Institution (as defined in 42 U.S. C. § 1997); (2) been convicted of engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion, or if the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse; or (3) been civilly or administratively adjudicated to have engaged in the activity described in (1-3) of this section. Material omissions regarding such misconduct, or the provision of materially false information, shall be grounds for termination.
- Must be willing and able to work with clients with significant drug/alcohol abuse and dependence disorders.
- Must be willing and able to project authority with confidence.
- Must be willing and able to work with clients that are at-risk or could have HIV/Hep C.
- Must be willing and able to work in a fast-paced, high stress environment.
- Must be able to work a fluctuating schedule.
- Must be able to use commercial grade kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and prepare food based on recipes.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
- A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position.
- Curriculum vitae / Resume
- A copy of your High School Diploma, GED certificate, or transcripts.
- Three to five professional references, including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address.
Questions should be directed to: Irene Arguelles, Irene.Arguelles@cuanschutz.edu Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established as $41,808 - $48,499.
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation, depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below Application Materials Instructions: For full consideration, please submit the following document(s): 1. A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position. 2. Curriculum vitae / Resume 3. A copy of your High School Diploma, GED certificate, or transcripts. 4. Three to five professional references, including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address. Questions should be directed to: Irene Arguelles, Irene.Arguelles@cuanschutz.edu Job Category
: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- Anschutz Med Campus or Denver - 20280 - SOM-PSYCH-ARTS SP/G Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Sep 28, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Irene Arguelles Posting Contact Email: Irene.Arguelles@cuanschutz.edu
Position Number: 00675420
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency