Vice President of Enrollment Management
Franciscan University of Steubenville, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice President of Enrollment Management (VPEM). The VPEM will be a member of the executive team and report directly to the President.
- Lead the growth strategy for the University. This includes local, regional, national, and global markets for both on ground and online programs.
- Responsible for admissions, financial aid, registrar, and student accounts departments.
- Develop growth initiatives including partnerships and new academic programs with Advancement, Academic leadership, and the executive team.
- Provide organizational leadership that is centered on the University’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Own the financial model and operating plan for enrollment numbers including net tuition targets for undergraduate, graduate, and online programs.
- Serve as a member of the President’s executive team, particularly representing the needs required to align our growth mindset with an exceptional student experience.
- Create a best-in-class CRM that includes marketing and sales tech stacks and the integration of social channels and AI.
- Define a prospective student and family journey that is truly authentic to the University’s values and meets them where they are.
- Establish benchmark metrics related to right-fit pipelines that include the entire funnel from inquiry to six-year graduation rates and align CAC, conversion rates, discount rates and LTV.
- Commitment to the right people in the right roles, and creating the right growth and development opportunities that result in building highly effective and engaged teams.
- You must be compelled to the mission and vision of the University.
- Seven to ten years of progressive experience in enrollment management in a higher ed model OR ten plus years of executive experience driving growth in both acquisition and retention for an organization outside of higher ed.
- Demonstrated success in executing both sales and marketing programs at scale.
- Experience identifying macro and micro trends and adapting plans and tactics to meet goals.
- Strategic insights and research competency to build 3–5-year enrollment models.
- Understanding of CRM design with workflows and associated data modeling.
- Strong experience managing outside consultants and pricing/discounting models.
- The ability to create a differentiated and relevant value proposition for the right target market segments.
- Building a strong bench for the future leadership of the University.
- The ability to work with the breadth of campus constituencies to create a comprehensive and effective enrollment management structure and environment.
- Prior P&L experience is required.
- You understand growth and you drive results.
- You seek the opportunity for a big challenge that makes a difference in the lives of many.
- You understand the importance of data and the balance of being courageous.
About Franciscan University of Steubenville:
One of only 15 faithfully Catholic universities endorsed by the Cardinal Newman Society, Franciscan University of Steubenville continues to lead the renaissance of Catholic higher education called for in Ex corde Ecclesiae.
Franciscan University, founded in 1946 by friars of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Province of the Third Order Regular of St. Francis of Penance, integrates excellent academic programs with a dynamic faith environment to serve 3,800 students from all 50 states and 17 countries on a beautiful 241-acre campus in Steubenville Ohio. The University currently offers 40 Bachelor’s Degree Majors and 11 Master’s Degree Programs. New programs introduced in the last three years include: cybersecurity; software engineering; mechanical engineering; biochemistry; entrepreneurship; criminal justice and master's in Catholic studies. Franciscan University has an 87% retention rate and 72% graduation rate with a 30% growth in graduates in the last three years.
With the tremendous growth at Franciscan University, it is recognized in the top 10% of America's Top Colleges by Forbes magazine and is ranked in the top tier of Midwest universities by U.S. News & World Report since 1998 and currently recognized as the 11th in Best Colleges for Veterans in the Midwest. Franciscan University received a four-star rating in Money magazine’s Best Colleges in America 2023 publication. Over 700 alumni have become ordained priests and over 1 million people have attended a Steubenville Conference which is part of the University. Prior commencement speakers and honorary degree recipients include Saint Teresa of Calcutta, Coach Lou Holtz and Patrick Lencioni.
About Steubenville, Ohio:
Steubenville, Ohio, the county seat of Jefferson County, sits on the banks of the mighty Ohio River and is a city steeped in rich history and tradition. Known as the City of Murals and being the home of Dean Martin, Steubenville is home to almost 20,000 citizens and is at the center of the rebirth of the rust belt.
The cost of living in Steubenville is very affordable when compared to many US cities. It has a 30% lower cost of living than the US average. Steubenville is recognized as one of the top 10 cities to raise a catholic family, home to Catholic Central High School a college preparatory program and has the winningest high school football coach in Ohio history including four state championships. Steubenville has the unique benefit of having an intimate and vibrant community and is less than 45 minutes from Pittsburgh with a population of over 2.3 million that was recognized by Forbes magazine and Economist of London as “America’s Most Livable City”. Steubenville is 25 minutes from Pittsburgh International Airport.
Steubenville has a dedicated hospital system for its community served by Trinty Health System, which is part of CommonSpirirt Health, the largest Catholic health system in the United States.
Application and Nomination Process:
All correspondence relating to the position of Vice President of Enrollment Management at Franciscan University should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive search consultant:
Adam W. Barrett, Associate Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
A complete application should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position;
- Updated CV;
- Three (3) professional references with contact information, title, institutional affiliation, email address and direct phone numbers. (No references will be contacted without written permission from the candidate.)
Applications received by October 13, 2023 will receive priority consideration. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer.