ATSU - Director of Student Affairs, California Campus
Santa Maria, CA 93454, USASanta Maria, CA 93454, USA
Job Details Description
A.T. Still University is seeking applications for a full-time exempt Director of Student Affairs on the Santa Maria, California campus. This position reports to the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs. The Director of Student Affairs shares the vision and mission of the student affairs department and university, is a student advocate, and supports a diverse environment. This position assists the Vice President of Student Affairs and Associate Vice President of Student Affairs with the development, planning, and execution of all student affairs-related responsibilities on the ATSU California Campus.
This position supports Admissions, Enrollment Services, Learning Resources & Accommodation Services, Student Life, Behavioral Health Wellness and Wellness programming, in addition to student development, student events/ activities, the ATSU Student Handbook and Catalog, and ATSU policies. Responds to student crisis. Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience:
- Communicates effectively with the Associate Vice President - Student Affairs on all department activities and issues.
- Provides Student Affairs leadership on the California Campus.
- Works collaboratively with all student affairs offices.
- Involved with the other university offices/ departments to coordinate annual events (ie: New Student Orientation, White Coat, Graduation, and Founder's Day.
- Coordinates Communications with students.
- Manages confidential student information, issues, and complaints as required by the DOE.
- May act and/or assist with SGA in various capacities. May advise other Registered Student Organizations.
- Conducts research and contributes to institutional policy development in relevant areas.
- Student advocate and ombudsperson for students.
- Crisis intervention and support of counseling/ academic resources.
- On call for student and campus emergencies in California.
- Member of the California Campus Emergency team.
- Keep AVP - SA informed of all student events, issues, etc...
- Stay informed of student affairs department functions.
- Promote student wellness.
- Serves on institutional committees.
- Supports/ attends student functions as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Vice President and/ or Associate Vice President - Student Affairs.
- Acts as a liaison to other offices and departments.
- Meets weekly with the AVP - SA.
- Attends student affairs leadership team meetings and retreats.
- Represents department on university committees.
- Manages budget and tracks expenditures.
- Tracks data and surveys.
- Acts as Campus Security Authority and is trained in Title IX.
- Supports the technical standards and ADA needs for the University.
- Ombudsperson/ liaison (nonvoting) for student promotions board (CAPAP).
- Provides data/ materials for HLC and programmatic accreditation reports and reviews.
- Represents ATSU - California Campus as the designated contact.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Two to three years experience in Student Affairs preferred.
- Managerial experience in higher education.
- Knowledge of Student Affairs and Higher Education trends.
- Knowledge of mental health and wellness.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- A clear understanding of the challenges of professional/ graduate students.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage resources and identify resourcing opportunities.
- Must be able to travel between ATSU campuses and for professional meetings.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
The educational institution designates and employee, at each teaching location of the educational institution that does not have a certifying official present, to serve as a point-of-contact for veterans, service-members, reservists, or other eligible persons; the certifying official(s); the State approving agency of jurisdiction; and VA. The designated employee must have access (other than to transmit certifications) to VA's Internet-based education certification application to provide certification information to veterans, service-members, reservists, or other eligible persons, State approving agency representatives, and VA representatives.
The salary range for this position is 72,000 to 108,000 based on experience with the relocation assistance provided up to $12,000.00
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits
. Qualifications Skills Preferred Team Building Intermediate Leadership Intermediate Multitasking Intermediate Communication Intermediate Organizing Intermediate Behaviors: Motivations: Education Preferred
Masters or better.Experience Preferred 2-3 years:
Higher education or Student Affairs Licenses & Certifications
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=01e37f8d-d49b-44e0-8751-e0a88f8feeb6
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency