Instructional Designer I
Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
60030000 - AG-DEAN FOR ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
Instructional Designer I
This position is part of a team that supports faculty and staff in the UF Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (UF/IFAS) and the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) through the CALS Center for Online Learning and Technology (COLT). The incumbent will be part of a team that supports UF/IFAS and CALS faculty and staff in developing and delivering academic and Extension courses and programs and integrating Extension and teaching programs within UF/IFAS.
The Instructional Designer I will employ instructional design principles and instructional technology to create quality online learning environments and design authentic and applied learning experiences primarily for non-credit UF/IFAS Extension Online Learning
programs. The incumbent will work with course instructors individually and as part of a team to develop and maintain quality online and hybrid courses, support faculty development in online course design and delivery, and seek ways to continually improve online course and program delivery.
Job functions include:
- Consults with faculty and staff to analyze instructional goals, assists instructors with course development or revisions, and guides instructors through the course development and delivery process. Recommends implementation of evidence-based best practices while working with faculty to build online course sites that include competency-based, actionable learning objectives leading to measurable outcomes, and engaging and learner-centered content, activities, and assessment strategies. Ensures alignment of learning objectives, practice, and assessments, and supports faculty in using a variety of synchronous and asynchronous teaching and learning tools for online and blended programs.
- Uses a variety of authoring tools to create and maintain templates for courses and interactive learning materials and collaborate with faculty to design and develop authentic instructional content and assessments.
- Assists faculty in updating course content and readying courses for new course launches. Reviews course content and ensures all course sites adhere to IFAS and UF policies, federal ADA accessibility standards, copyright guidelines, and appropriate online course quality standards. Assists faculty with instructional tasks and troubleshooting as needed.
- Works with subject matter experts to design skills-based assessments for digital credentialing and assesses instructional effectiveness of the online courses developed to ensure objectives are accomplished. Reviews course evaluations, learning objectives and course materials to make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Stays current in evidence-based best practices for teaching adult learners. Advises faculty and staff on standards and guidelines (e.g., quality and accessibility standards) and communicates best practices for online teaching and learning to implement innovative learning experiences that focus on authentic and applied learning and assessment and that meet online course quality standards at a high level.
- Coordinates and participates in in-service trainings and other training events for faculty and staff on technical and pedagogical topics related to delivering online Extension and academic programs. Develops training and job aid resources to transfer knowledge, skills and abilities related to teaching online.
- Manages multiple course production timelines and tasks. Supports the team's project management processes for project documentation, asset management and team communication, and maintains project documentation and assets following team protocols. Participates in team strategic planning and reporting activities.
- Coordinates with other UF/IFAS and UF units, departments and programs as needed to facilitate course and project completion.
The University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
(UF/IFAS) employs more than 2,000 faculty and staff statewide. UF/IFAS Extension
partners with communities to provide quality, relevant education and research-based expertise to foster healthy people, a healthy environment, and a healthy economy. The College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS)
prepares the next generation of leaders to address the world's critical challenges related to agriculture, food systems, human wellbeing, natural resources and sustainable communities.
UF/IFAS Extension and CALS are creating an environment that inspires learning for all and affirms community across all dimensions. We particularly welcome applicants who can contribute to such an environment.
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD) or visit Accessibility at UF
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
- Education and/or experience in instructional design, adult learning theories, educational technology, or other areas relevant to online learning, including teaching or training experience with adult learners. Online teaching experience is a plus.
- Competence in Microsoft 365 (Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Experience or familiarity with Learning Management Systems, especially Canvas, and with educational technology and collaboration tools (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Playposit, Canvas CidiLabs DesignPlus, Adobe Suite, Mediasite, Zoom, HTML).
- Ability to work in a collaborative team to meet both individual and team goals. Ability to work independently while knowing when to seek advice.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects. Ability to communicate effectively and to engage with instructors and other clients in a professional, accessible, and courteous manner.
- Ability to work proactively. Flexibility and ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Understanding of or experience with Extension programs of a land-grant university, especially UF/IFAS Extension.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a Time-Limited position.
In order to be considered, you must upload the following materials:
- Cover letter that states your motivation for applying and describes how your education, experience and qualifications have prepared you for this position.
- Contact information (including email addresses) for 3 individuals willing to act as professional references.
Finalists may be asked to provide sample work and/or participate in a skills-based assessment.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:
08 Oct 2023
To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/528582/instructional-designer-i
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency