TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
In Student Leadership and Engagement, we facilitate purposeful involvement and leadership development that supports and enhances students’ academic experience. We engage students in meaningful and memorable involvement experiences that create a sense of belonging, and we equip them with the knowledge, tools, and experiences to practice socially responsible leadership and contribute to a global society. Student Leadership and Engagement, serving the entire student body, provides leadership and vision for coordinating various forms of student involvement and engagement within DASA at NC State University.
The department encompasses co-curricular leadership programs and initiatives; student organization management; education, and development; student governance; large scale campus programming; global engagement via Alternative Service Break, service and civic engagement coordination; Gallup Strengths training and coaching; campus-community partnerships; oversight of the Feed the Pack Food Pantry; three academic courses; and a robust student intern program.
The temporary coordinator for special projects is responsible for managing several projects related to student organization training and development, orientation, and Student Involvement Center operations.
The temporary program manager will serve as a co-advisor to the University Activities Board in addition to managing University Activities Board (UAB) and Black Student Board (BSB) internal budgets, purchases, and monthly reconciliations. The program manager will also develop internal processes and educational materials related to programming board financial processes. In addition, the program manager will support department financial and business processes and training including updating financial training for student organizations.
Finances and Operations (33%)
Programming Advising (33%)
- In collaboration with Business Manager and Associate Director, develop and update programming board financial processes and education
- Manage monthly purchases for programming boards via Marketplace and p card purchases.
- Manage monthly reconciliations of UAB/BSB financial project.
- Update and implement required financial training for student organizations prior to January 2024 student organization registration.
Operation and Logistics (33%)
- Serve as a co-advisor for UAB supporting Talley Tuesday, Late Night Entertainment, and the Spirit Committee
- Supervise marketing and communications interns
- Provide guidance, education, and training on event planning
- Support programming board and departmental programming.
Is Time Limited:
- Maintain clean and organized programming board suite in Talley Student Union
- Maintain programming board space access
- Serve as liaison for department and NC State Student Centers
- Support logistics and operations for programming board events and initiatives
YesIf Yes, Appointment Length:
3 - 6 monthsJob City & State:
Student Leadership and EngagementClassification Title:
Temporary-Professional NonFacultyWorking Title:
Temp Program Manager, Student Leadership and Engagement Special ProjectsWork Schedule:
Monday-Friday; 8am - 5pm (occasional nights and weekendsOther Work/Responsibilities:
Department Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing multiple projects and priorities and developing training and curriculum.
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
- Knowledge of campus programming, advising, financial processes, and best practices in higher education.
Required License or Certification:
- Master’s degree in Student Affairs, Education, Leadership, Organizational Development, Higher Education, Business Administration, or related field
- Experience working with student organizations, finances, and event planning
- Demonstrated effort to promote social justice among staff and students throughout the university
- Effective leadership skills, with the ability to coach, advise, supervise, train and mentor
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
NC Driver’s License required within 30 days of hire.Valid NC Driver's License required?:
YesCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$18.50 - $25/ hour (compensation based on experience)Job Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process are welcome to contact 919-515-3148 to speak with a representative at the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.