Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201 Category:
The VP of HR at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center (JHBMC) will be the Human Resource Leader for the JHBMC. Leads the administration of all Human Resources for the JHBMC directly and indirectly. The VP of HR for JHBMC is responsible for planning, directing, managing, and guiding the overall functions of Human Resources across JHBMC with direction from the SVP of HR JHM. He /She is a member of the HR and entity executive leadership team.
The VP HR-JHBMC will maintain a collaborative working relationship with JHBMC senior staff. VP HR collaborates with JHHS Central HR in implementing innovative HR programs and HR practices at JHBMC.REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports directly to SVPHR/CHRO for Johns Hopkins Medicine and works in collaboration and an advisory role for the President of JHBMC. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESLeadership:
- Provides leadership to the Human Resources function directly at the JHBMC, the entity President and staff; and directly supports the entity. Works closely with all HR functional areas at JH Medicine.
- Anticipates and responds to the changing needs of a diversified workforce and network affiliates by planning, creating, implementing, and evaluating innovative programs in collaboration with HR Central to recruit, develop, and retain quality employees.
- Provides advice to administration, department managers, and supervisors on labor relations matters. Makes oral and written presentations at meetings and training programs to educate managers on legal requirements. Investigates through interviews and document searches any complaints of employment/labor law/policy violations
- Works directly with leadership and management of JHBMC to achieve high employee engagement, optimal diversity and inclusiveness, address affirmative action plans and implement HR technologies (SAP, SuccessFactors Recruiting and Performance Management, HR Acuity, etc.)
- Adapts and helps the organization adapt to new challenges, embrace change, keep all staff informed of all changes and its impact on the organization. Assists in the development of plans to assist employees in managing change.
- Maintains programs and procedures for the classification, wage and salary administration, and performance evaluation in conjunction with Central Services. Conducts meetings, prepares and analyzes reports, and verifies the legality of procedures and consistency/accuracy of results. Periodically presents aggregate reports for review by the Board of Trustees.
- Creates and/or reviews are written communications to employees and provide educational programs.
- Communicates openly and often both inside and outside JHHS, including making speeches and representing JHHS and its entities at human resource-related functions for ceremonial, lobbying, and public relations purposes.
- Collects data and coordinates and collaborates with central TA on long-term and short-term plans for JHBMC staffing levels and staffing mix.
- Sets budget guidelines to assist Human Resources managers in preparing well-planned, cost-efficient budgets.
- Interviews, selects orients, trains, and evaluates the management staff of the JHBMC Human Resources team. Recommends pay increases and takes corrective action as needed. Monitors the supervision of other Human Resources employees through managers. Administers the operations and allocation of resources within Human Resources to support the priorities, mission, vision, values, and JHBMC
- Assists in the identification and correction of environmental conditions and work practices that could result in injuries/claims. Responsible for enduring adherence to safe work practices.
- Coordinates investigation of any complaints. In conjunction with HR central/employee relations and legal dept and interprets and ensures compliance with related federal and local laws and regulations.
- Contributes to long and short-term planning and problem resolution by: Chairs or serves on committees, task forces or teams with staff, administration, Central Services, Board members, medical staff, community representatives, and professional or government agents as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Advises and counsels entity leadership, administrative staff, managers, and/or employees on complex human resource issues.
- Mediates employee/management complaints or disputes.
- Directs and/or conducts research and provides reports needed for decision-making.
- Provides data analysis and interpretation.
- Organizes, coordinates, and directs special project development and implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the JHM Senior VP of HR or the President of JHBMC
- A Master's Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressive leadership experience with a minimum of three (3) years of which are of Human Resource Management (HRM).
- Experience in a hospital environment
- Demonstrated experience managing and developing staff.
- Experience in all areas of human resource administration. Will consider an equivalent combination of education to substitute for the preferred years HRM only.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply
To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/vp-hr-bayview-medical-center-leadership-us-md-baltimore-johns-hop-623870-afad0/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency