This position is responsible for assisting the Financial Aid Director in the management and development, creation, and operation of the Financial Aid Department according to regulations established by federal, state, and institutional policies and strategic plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides information and assistance to prospective and/or current students, parents, and colleges regarding the various methods of financial assistance available. Determines financial need and completes the appropriate process for eligibility in accordance with student’s qualifications and educational goals assuring compliance with Institutional, Federal, State, Private, and program requirements. Processes SAP, R2T4, student loans, enrollment reporting, and Gainful Employment. Assist with Imports/Exports Origination Records for Pell and Loan to COD Assists the director managing all aspect of administering institutional, federal, state, and private student financial aid by coordinating the review, verification, awarding, and disbursements. Assist the director with reconciling all student financial aid funds (institutional, federal, state, and private). Assumes responsibility for the office, in the absence of the Financial Aid Director. Participates in student information systems procedures and planning. Maintains effective working relationships with faculty, students, staff, and external contacts. Works closely with the director to implement policies, procedures, and initiatives. Trains and supervises department staff on assigned functions as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Financial Aid Rules and Regulations Proficiency in PowerFAIDS or other Financial Aid software Strong Communication Skills- both verbally and written Ability to work under pressure, handling significant problems and tasks that come up simultaneously and/ or unexpectedly Ability to work independently and meet deadlines Knowledge w/R2T4’s, SAP, Enrollment Reporting, and Gainful Employment desired Proficiency in Microsoft Office
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL FACTORS
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Sits most of the time. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSE
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination education and experience is required.
- At least three years of experience in financial aid in an academic administrative position or a related field is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Luna Community College management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.