Chief Enrollment Management Officer
School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time Regular/Temporary
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION-CUNY SCHOOL OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES
As New York's leading online school since 2006, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) offers the most online bachelor's and master's degree options at the City University of New York, and serves as the University's first undergraduate all-transfer college. With 26 degrees and numerous other non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor's degree, progress from an associate's degree, earn a master's degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers. Consistently ranked highly by U.S. News & World Report for its online offerings, CUNY SPS has emerged as a nationwide leader in online education. The School's renowned and affordable online programs ensure that busy working adults may fulfill their educational goals on their own time and schedule.
Reporting to the Dean and serving as a member of the Dean's Cabinet, the Chief Enrollment Management Office (CEMO) will be a results-driven, proven enrollment management leader who can design, guide, and implement a bold strategic vision for the School’s enrollment growth success. The CEMO will take senior leadership of the Enrollment Management unit, overseeing the Offices of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, and Bursar.
The CEMO will be a dynamic, strategic, data and result-driven leader who will collaborate with institutional leadership and the SPS community to develop and execute a comprehensive enrollment plan with realistic yet ambitious enrollment targets and lead the implementation of modern and measurable growth strategies for the School. The CEMO will have wide latitude to ensure that SPS attracts, enrolls, and retains talented and diverse students and to lead the efforts to achieve the School’s sustainable, mission-aligned enrollment results.
The CEMO must possess successful and extensive enrollment management as well as excellent skills in the core leadership and management competencies of the role: strategic leadership; data-driven strategy, enrollment and funnel management; market analysis; team management; exceptional communication; and other attributes associated with a cabinet-level position. The CEMO should have a proven record of progressively responsible experience within leadership roles in enrollment management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Implementing Best Practices in Enrollment Management
The CEMO will lead in developing and implementing a data-informed and systematic strategic enrollment plan. This plan will reflect best practices, leading national, and regional online higher education trends, and School goals, with particular focus on successful lead generation, funnel management, market analysis and positioning in adult, continuing and professional markets. In addition, the plan will significantly raise the School's recruitment profile in geographic areas of opportunity to increase the yield of viable applicants.
Identifying a nd Recruiting New Student Populations
The CEMO will work with the division to identify and attract new student populations to enlarge the enrollment funnel and attract new audiences to SPS online degree programs. The CEMO will collaborate with the leadership of the School’s other units to ensure a coordinated effort to enhance enrollment. The CEMO will also create recruitment plans for the School's online learning options and non-degree options, including microcredentials. Additionally, the CEMO will work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer to ensure synergy between the School's marketing and recruiting efforts.
The CEMO must maintain a strong partnership with key staff in Academic Affairs and the faculty to design and implement strategies for improving online retention. Collaborative partners may include student engagement, counseling, disability services, and other areas.
• Ensure high levels of student satisfaction with Enrollment, Financial Aid, Registrar, and Bursar services;
• Serve as expert on leading practices in recruitment, admission, enrollment, and student services;
• Support staff on process improvement and performance management.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related discipline;
• At least eight years of demonstrated record of successful online degree program growth and senior level experience in enrollment services at a regionally accredited higher education institution, particularly in the area of online program admissions.
• Master's degree in a related field, with progressively responsible leadership roles in the area of enrollment management;
• 5+ years of experience leading admissions, enrollment, and student services;
• Experience coaching, mentoring, and leading diverse teams in re-engineering business processes and building performance management systems to transform online student experience;
• Experience using quantitative and qualitative analytics to set strategic direction for enrollment management activities in an online higher education environment;
• Experience working with student information systems, as well as strong computer literacy and familiarity and comfort with spreadsheets and databases;
• Working familiarity/understanding of CUNYfirst or similar student management system;
• Proven ability to identify and evaluate opportunities; explore and test innovative solutions; and set key enrollment priorities;
• Ability to think critically, strategically, and creatively regarding the enrollment management process, and to work collaboratively with both the leadership of the School and with faculty and staff;
• Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and open communication skills;
• Excellent leadership and supervisory skills abilities;
• Commitment to campus values of equity, diversity and inclusion.
Professional School Associate Dean
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience between $150,000 - $166,646.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit CUNY.JOBS and search for this vacancy using Job ID #27344 or Title. From our job posting system, select "Apply Now”, create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information.
Applicants must attach a resume, cover letter and three professional references.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin on October 10, 2023.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.