PUBLIC RELATIONS: Adjunct / Substitute Non-Classroom Instructor POOL (college credit)
San Diego Community College District
NOTE: The San Diego Community College District accepts applications for adjunct (part-time/substitute) positions for our three college campuses (City, Mesa, Miramar) and various continuing education centers on a continuous basis. However, it does not necessarily imply there are immediate openings. If you meet the required minimum qualifications, your application will be included in the adjunct pool for possible assignments in the fall, spring, and/or summer semesters of the academic year. Hiring departments utilize the adjunct pool when there is a need and will contact you directly should you possess the qualifications they are seeking. Applications are purged approximately one year from submittal, at which time you will receive an automated e-mail notice to re-apply if you wish to remain in the pool.
Part-time/temporary faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the largest community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs. These part-time positions are as-needed and applicants should live within commuting distance to San Diego.
Assignments may include a combination of day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus classes.
The position handles the daily press operations for the organization. They handle the media relations, social media posts, program webpage management, and program promotion. In addition, provide assistance in recruitment and transfer, support game events recording statistics and operations, and liaison to CCCAA for tasks related to sports information. The position requires extended knowledge in Health, Exercise Science, and an emphasis in Intercollegiate Athletics.
Other details pertaining to position:
- Keeps in game live statistics via computer based code entry of all plays. Any at all movement, change, or activity. For basketball, that is 800-1000 keystrokes per game. This includes 13 sports and 150-200 home contests.
- Maintains, designs, updates, and consults for all webpage tasks at www.sdcityknights.com.
- Takes all team photos and individual pictures and creates individualized profiles and interviews.
- Creates and maintains athletes and team archives/ history.
- Creates videos for advertising teams.
- Maintains and runs social media including Facebook, twitter, snapchat, and Instagram for sports program and connects work to instructional course info and non-athletics SD City related activities.
- Liaison and coordinator with local media and neighboring colleges.
- Provides contact assistance with 4-year universities to advertise school for recruitment and transfer of student athletes.
- Provides news and bulletins to campus.
- Provides necessary compliance activities involved with rules and statistical analysis.
- Membership of conference SID group for alignment.
- Assists students in promoting to 4-year universities.
- Is a designee of game administration/ observer when Athletic Director is split between locations. In general an assistant athletic director.
- Sometimes covers 4-5 separate games in a single day.
- Must have knowledge related to the requirements of all 13 sports teams.
- Attends all Athletics related meetings.
- Attend some away contests based on need.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Degrees must be from regionally accredited institutions.
Bachelor’s degree AND two (2) years of professional experience; OR,
Associate degree AND six (6) years of professional experience; OR,
3. The equivalent.
FOREIGN DEGREES: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association. A copy of the evaluation must be attached during the application process. If you need to obtain one, please open the “Foreign Degree Evaluation Information” link to the left. An ORIGINAL of the evaluation(s) must be presented at the time of hire.
EQUIVALENCY: If you do not possess the exact degrees listed above or if you anticipate receiving the required degree prior to the start of teaching classes, please complete a “Request for Equivalency Form” (link to the left) and attach it during the application process.
At the time that an offer of assignment is made, proper salary placement is contingent upon receipt of OFFICIAL (sealed) transcripts and Verifications of Previous Work Experience (if applicable). Instructors with advanced coursework and/ or experience shall be placed on the appropriate class and step on the Adjunct College Salary Schedules, effective the first month following receipt (in Human Resources) of the official transcripts and Verifications of Previous Work Experience (if applicable). Initial salary placement will be at the first class/step until all required documentation has been submitted.
for the current salary schedule or you may view the current salary schedule by using the “Salary Schedules” link to the left.
If you would like to open the link in a different tab or window, right click and select the option.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency