Present Position Number:
H0869WRole Code Title:
Education Support AssistantPosition Title:
SAS Testing Center ProctorUnit Mission Statement:
Student Accessibility Services (SAS) offers reasonable accommodations upon request on an individual basis through the interactive process. We strive to foster student independence, encourage self-determination, emphasize empowerment and accommodation over limitation, and create a comprehensive, accessible environment to ensure that individuals are viewed based on contribution, not a deficit. We offer support to students requesting accommodations and services as well as resources for expanding and adapting academic skills as well as access to campus life.Position Summary:
The Testing Center Proctor for Student Accessibility Services (SAS) is responsible for assisting with and maintaining the daily operations of the Student Accessibility Services Testing Center. The Testing Center Proctor provides proctoring services for students with disabilities who receive testing accommodations. This position will work approximately 20 hours a week.Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to solve problems, make appropriate decisions, and consult with professional staff as needed.
- Attention to detail.
- A track record of reliability, including consistent attendance and punctuality.
Advertised Pay Range:
- Associate’s or Bachelors degree.
- Prior work experience in a college setting.
- Prior experience working in a professional office setting.
- Prior experience working with confidential or sensitive records.
$18.50 per hourUniversity Salary Range:
220000 Dean of StudentsLocation:
William & MaryIs the position remote work eligible?:
Not eligibleRemote Work Disclaimer:
Remote work eligibility is not guaranteed and is subject to approval. Employee eligibility depends on the likelihood of the employee succeeding in a remote work arrangement and the supervisor’s ability to manage remote workers. Departments and/or Human Resources may amend, alter, change, delete, or modify eligibility.Job Open Date:
09/15/2023Review Begin Date:
09/22/2023Open Until Filled:
9-MonthSpecial Application Instructions:
Work is performed during the fall and spring academia semesters, including the exam periods.Conditions of Employment:
- Hours will be 8 am-6 pm Tuesday and Thursday
- Occasional weekend work.
- Shared workspace and frequent student interaction.
- All hourly employees are subject to the limitations of the Virginia Manpower Control Program and total hours worked may not exceed, on average, 29 hours per week, over the course of a twelve-month period beginning May 1 each year.
- This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. This position may be subject to overtime during high peak times, etc. as directed and approved by the supervisor.
William & Mary is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access employer and actively encourages applications from minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
Our hourly employees enjoy many university benefits such as, participation in a supplemental savings plan for retirement, professional development, and wellness benefits. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. In addition, after completing a year of continuous hourly service and working at least 1,000 hours during the previous 12 months, hourly employees are eligible for holiday pay, PTO and educational assistance. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/uhr/benefits/index.php?type=hourly