About This Role:
K-State Olathe is recruiting for a new Program Associate position. K-State Olathe has an agreement with the American Association of Industry Veterinarians (AAIV) to provide administrative support for the organization. The Program Associate will provide the support to meet the agreement requirements for K-State Olathe, which is estimated at 20 hours per week. Specific duties include but are not limited to supporting the AAIV Board of Directors and members; assisting with recruitment, marketing, and membership activities; and maintaining the website and member database. The other half of the position will be to provide administrative support for the K-State Olathe campus. Specific duties include but are not limited to gathering and maintaining data; tracking sponsorship packages and partnership engagement; and coordinating meetings and supporting events.
American Association of Industry Veterinarians (AAIV) Support:
- In collaboration with K-State Olathe's Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives, provide support services to the Association of Industry Veterinarians to meet partnership requirements. *not managing or leading.
- Work directly with the board of directors to support recruitment, marketing, and member engagement planning and initiatives. Schedule, attend and participate in all board of directors’ and executive board meetings, and provide reports as requested. Create and distribute monthly reports on membership and other information as requested. Coordinate logistics and attend networking receptions including working within a budget and with vendors. Communicate with members as needed to solve problems or provide information. Coordinate development and distribution of the e-newsletter and other email communications to the member database. Maintain website and membership database ensuring content is current. *major website changes provided for a fee. Work with subject matter experts to coordinate continuing education (CE) webinars, provide support during live sessions, and manage distribution of CE credits to eligible participants. Coordinate with social media consultant on content development. Provide administrative duties such as scheduling meetings and taking notes as needed.
- Gather and maintain data related to the campus strategic plan.
- Coordinate benefits of sponsorship packages.
- Track strategic partnerships in CRM and support engagement.
- Coordinate meetings and support events.
- Provide support to campus administrators as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.\
This position is full-time, non-exempt and benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off -vacation, sick and holidays.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University’s Olathe campus was launched in April 2011 and is the third and newest campus in the university’s system. The campus is located in Johnson County and the Greater Kansas City metro area. The campus is a strategic partner of the Johnson County Education and Research Triangle, which was created in 2008 when residents invested in the county's future by voting for a one-eighth cent sales tax. The proceeds from this tax generate more than $15 million a year to fund higher education through a unique partnership among Johnson County, the University of Kansas, and Kansas State University.
K-State Olathe provides a unique work culture that offers a variety of professional development opportunities and a community building committee to organize campus wide activities that have included social gatherings, service opportunities, and team building workshops. Professional development opportunities on campus and in the community that employees regularly participate in, employee tuition assistance for academic programs, on campus lunch and learns, professional development workshops on campus, Leadership Olathe, various regional Chamber activities.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hr/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
This position will be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement at the discretion of the Executive Associate to the Dean once the required training is complete and the individual has demonstrated the ability to successfully perform assigned duties independently. Hybrid work is performed partially remote, a maximum of two days a week, and partially on employer premises.
Visit this Link for K-State’s guidance and policies on remote work and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
To be Successful You Will Need:
Minimum Requirements: A High School Diploma and two years of relevant experience.
Preferred Education and Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree. 2-5 years of people centered experience. Proven strong writing skills. Understanding of website content management systems. Experience with email management systems and client relationship management systems (CRM). Experience with Microsoft Suite. Ability to multi-task. Strong organizational and time-management skills. Works well with people and teams.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three current professional references.
Application materials must be submitted online to be considered.
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Roberta Robinson at email@example.com (913.307.7316).
Questions regarding specifics of the position can be directed to Debbie Kirchhoff, Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$41,600 - $51,000/year. $20.00 - $24.52/hour
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.