Applications are being accepted for a full-time Senior Talent Manager at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. This position will provide guidance and support to employees and leaders throughout the talent life cycle, provide strategic oversight for the College’s Total Rewards programs, and provide strategic insight related to workforce planning, change management and other key Talent solutions.
- Work with the Director of Talent to sustain, promote and grow Talent programs and services. Research, develop and implement Talent policies, procedures and organizational strategies that boost and improve the work environment for employees.
- Provide guidance and support to leaders and employees throughout the talent life cycle. Conduct employee relations, problem resolution, and conflict management. Assist leaders and employees with resolving talent issues; identify root causes of various complex talent issues and design quickly implementable solutions. Identify and apply all federal and state laws and District policies and procedures.
- Provide strategic oversight of total rewards in compliance with all applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. Provide long-term vision and strategies for total rewards solutions and administration.
- Responsible for the performance management, coaching, and ongoing growth and development of assigned staff.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Talent and leaders to recommend, develop and implement programmatic approaches to address key Talent issues, including but not limited to: diversity, equity and inclusion, employee engagement, performance management, recognition, organizational design and effectiveness, workforce planning, succession, collaboration and artificial intelligence.
- Design, deliver, and continuously improve performance management processes that are transparent, ensure accountability and provide opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Provide insight into and facilitate organizational change management to help leaders align communication, behavior, and infrastructure to support the desired organizational changes.
- Advise leaders on workforce planning solutions; help leaders maintain a high-performance culture by coaching them through organizational design and development.
- Assist the District designee for the Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) as needed. Partner with Academics to create and maintain hiring standards for faculty positions; ensure hiring standards are accurately and consistently applied. Track required degree completion for faculty to ensure compliance with FQAS hiring standards and employment contract provisions.
- Oversee Talent metrics development and maintenance. Review metrics for relevance, patterns, and areas for continuous improvement. Use Talent metrics to ensure achievement of commitment to our employees and College values.
- Provide input for Talent System planning and budget activities. Support continuous improvements to the Talent function with a strategic lens.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Five years of progressive human resources experience, including, compensation, benefits administration, employee relations, and leadership or supervisory experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and strong presentation skills.
- Experience with HR information systems. Knowledge of software applications, including Microsoft Office 365 (Office Suite, Teams, SharePoint, etc.).
- High degree of integrity and professionalism and a demonstrated ability to respect the confidentiality of information and demonstrate critical and systems thinking.
- Understanding of rapidly changing work environments and cultures. Must have experience in change management and leading change, be comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to work effectively through ambiguity.
- Ability to engage and model College values (collaboration, impactful learning, continuous improvement and inclusivity) proactively.
- Demonstrated experience offering quality advice, coaching and insight to leaders on Talent issues. Ability to confidently and collaboratively address talent issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers. Ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team. Ability to create trust and mutual respect.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work; analyze information, resolve problems and make recommendations. Knowledge of continuous and performance improvement concepts.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize special projects with routine assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience building comprehensive compensation and benefits plans.
Any combination of necessary experience and qualifications which provides desired knowledge, skills, and abilities.