Program Admissions Coordinator
Job Location1460 University Drive, Winchester, Virginia
Shenandoah University’s Office of Division of Behavioral Sciences/ Division of Communication Sciences and Disorders is accepting applications for a Program Admissions Coordinator. This is a full-time benefited position located on our main campus in Winchester, Virginia.
The Program and Admissions Coordinator works under the direction of the Division/Program Director. This individual supervises the administrative aspects of the Program to ensure proper functioning of day to day operations to ensure that the Program runs efficiently and effectively in supporting students, faculty, and staff, in a professional, friendly, effective, and timely way in support of the mission of the Program, Division, and University. In addition, this individual supports the admissions activities and processes for the Program. Majority of work can be done remotely, may be a need to travel to Winchester or Loudon Campuses.
- Ability to work positively and effectively with all members of a diverse university community including students, faculty, staff, and community member
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Fiscal management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- An ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- An understanding of and an appreciation for university policies and procedures
- An ability to foster connection and work in collaboration with partners within the Division, School and University
- Motivation, high energy and creative problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Google Apps and Microsoft Office applications including work processing, email, electronic spreadsheets, and databases.
- Required- 2 years of experience in an office setting
- Preferred- 2 years of experience in an academic, healthcare, or comparable setting
- Required- High School Diploma
- Preferred- Bachelor's Degree
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check will be required and a satisfactory driving record may be required as a condition of hire.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical, or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, or on any other basis protected under applicable law.
Salary TypeNot Applicable