Present Position Number:
01353WRole Code Title:
Info Technology Specialist IIPosition Title:
Senior Data Analyst (Advancement)Unit Mission Statement:
We create the conditions for opportunity – human, financial & experiential – by garnering and stewarding the resources that advance William & Mary. Position Summary:
William & Mary Foundation’s defining and essential mission is to support the university’s people and programs. By seeking private support, and then diligently managing those funds, the W&M Foundation advances and furthers the work of William & Mary’s students and faculty —providing vital resources for scholarships, professorships, research and program funding.
Consistent with the university’s shared services agreement with the William & Mary Foundation (WMF), this position is assigned 25% effort to support Foundation Services LLC, a subsidiary of WMF, with the responsibilities outlined below.
The Senior Data Analyst is an important member of the Data Analytics & Reporting team in the Office of University Advancement at William & Mary. The Data Analytics & Reporting team is responsible for providing data, reports, and analysis on all aspects of University Advancement, using analytics and predictive modeling to develop and guide data-driven strategies to further University Advancement initiatives.The Senior Data Analyst reports to the Director of Data Analytics & Reporting and is responsible for strategic leveraging of data through requirements gathering, data design, analysis, modeling, and visualizations. The Senior Data Analyst works closely with the Data Scientist on predictive models to drive Advancement strategy, with the Alumni, Prospect, and Gift Accounting Records teams to ensure data integrity, and with Information Technology to facilitate data integrations. The Senior Data Analyst also presents data solutions to high-level stakeholders to drive strategic decision-making initiatives.The successful Senior Data Analyst will be a proactive and collaborative member of this dynamic team, a champion for diversity and equity as William & Mary builds on its success and continues planning for its next campaign, who will find innovative ways to incorporate diverse perspectives into all aspects of their work. We are seeking a seasoned professional with problem solving skills and initiative, and a dedication to achieving high performance standards, engaging in collaborative teamwork, and accountability.Required Qualifications:
This is a hybrid position, eligible to work remotely up to two days per week.Please review the full position description with all job duties under the “Featured Job Opportunities” on the University Advancement recruitment website: https://advancement.wm.edu/come-work-with-us/open-positions/index.php
- Bachelor’s degree in data analysis, data science, computer science, business analytics, or related field, or equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including but not limited to collaboration, staffing, and programming
- Experience in database design and query languages (SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, etc.) in a customer relationship management environment, including experience with detailed and sensitive biographic, demographic, and financial data (typically more than 5 years of experience).
- Substantive experience developing in Visual Basic and/or C# (typically 5-10 years of experience).
- Expertise in using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, and Microsoft Power Apps and/or Power Automate
- Experience with data security and fundraising best practices in a non-profit or higher education environment
- Advanced skills in database reporting, analysis, and data visualization, including the use of tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik Sense, SAS, and/or Microsoft Report Builder.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills, including experience working with both non-technical end users and technical colleagues to gather project requirements and a demonstrated understanding of planning and process flow.
Advertised Pay Range:
- Master’s degree in data analysis, data science, computer science, business analytics, or related field
- Strong working knowledge of Blackbaud CRM
- Effectiveness in explaining, documenting, and presenting polished data solutions to colleagues across multiple areas of the institution, and in leading and guiding requirements gathering and project planning sessions
- Substantive experience with data governance, aggregation, transformation, development, and predictive modeling
- An appreciation for William & Mary, its mission, history, and unique focus on undergraduate research and a liberal arts education
Up to $70,000 Commensurate with experienceUniversity Salary Range:
610000 VP University Advancement OfficeLocation:
William & MaryIs the position remote work eligible?:
Hybrid (works remotely at least 1 day per week but not full-time)Remote Work Disclaimer:
Remote work eligibility is not guaranteed and is subject to approval. Employee eligibility depends on the likelihood of the employee succeeding in a remote work arrangement and the supervisor’s ability to manage remote workers. Departments and/or Human Resources may amend, alter, change, delete, or modify eligibility.Job Open Date:
06/23/2023Review Begin Date:
08/04/2023Open Until Filled:
Full Time OperationalFLSA:
12 Month - ContinuingConditions of Employment:
- This position may require additional hours beyond the typical work week, to include evenings and weekends.
- Flexibility is required to work occasional evenings and weekends around major proposal deadlines.
- This position requires administrative access to the university’s information systems and/or sensitive College data. The incumbent is expected to be aware of and adhere to the Information Security policies of the university as well as all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Additionally, the position incumbent is expected to follow information security best practices applicable to their job area and to pursue information security training and awareness opportunities when possible.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php