Present Position Number:
00541WRole Code Title:
Admin & Office Specialist IIIPosition Title:
Admin Coordinator for Asst. Vice Pres., Principal Gifts & Gift PlanningUnit Mission Statement:
We create the conditions for opportunity – human, financial & experiential – by garnering and stewarding the resources that advance William & Mary. Position Summary:
The William & Mary Foundation’s defining and essential mission is to support the university’s people and programs. By seeking private support, and then diligently managing those funds, the W&M Foundation advances and furthers the work of William & Mary’s students and faculty — providing vital resources for scholarships, professorships, research and program funding.
Consistent with the university’s shared services agreement with the William & Mary Foundation (WMF), this position is assigned 10% effort to support Foundation Services LLC, a subsidiary of WMF, with the responsibilities outlined below.
University Advancement includes all William & Mary efforts related to alumni engagement, private fundraising and philanthropic outreach, and marketing and advancement communications. The team’s overarching goal is to create a lasting, robust culture of engagement and philanthropy by engaging students, alumni, parents and friends, corporations and foundations, and faculty and staff. University Advancement strives to foster lifelong relationships among all constituents with the university; William & Mary’s ability to flourish and advance as a world-class university depends largely upon the active support of these key stakeholders.
The Administrative Coordinator for the Assistant Vice President for Principal Gifts & Gift Planning is a key member of the team in the Office of University Advancement at William & Mary and has responsibilities to serve both the university and the William & Mary Foundation. University Advancement includes all William & Mary efforts related to alumni engagement, private fundraising and philanthropic outreach, and marketing. The team’s overarching goal is to create a lasting, robust culture of engagement and philanthropy by engaging students, alumni, parents and friends, corporations and foundations, and faculty and staff. William & Mary’s ability to flourish and advance as a world-class university depends largely upon the active support of these key stakeholders.Required Qualifications:
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Principal Gifts & Gift Planning (AVP), the Administrative Coordinator’s primary duty is to provide executive-level support to the AVP in support of our efforts to secure private funding for the university. They serve as primary administrative support for the AVP and work closely and collaboratively with the President’s and Vice President’s Offices and with other key areas of campus as needed. The Administrative Coordinator also serves as the primary support staff liaison for the Office of Gift Planning and assists in all special projects assigned to members of the team.
The Administrative Coordinator’s support of the team’s includes coordinating meeting logistics, staff travel and expense reports, writing and editing proposals, correspondence, benefit illustrations, agendas, reports and presentation materials. The Administrative Coordinator maintains and analyzes data related to Boyle Legacy Society membership, prepares planned giving reports and assists as needed with other data and reports; they also assist with high-level individual donor stewardship and with more general stewardship initiatives. Finally, the Administrative Coordinator serves as office manager, responsible for budget and business operations, which includes preparing invoices, tracking and reconciling expenses, assisting in the development of budget forecasts and the annual budget review process as well as maintaining and culling data and updating data on the website.
The Administrative Coordinator will be a proactive member of the development team, a champion for diversity and equity who will find innovative ways to incorporate diverse perspectives into all aspects of their work. This is a hybrid position based in Williamsburg, Virginia, that offers a flexible work environment.
Please review the full position description with all job duties under the “Featured Job Opportunities” on the University Advancement recruitment website: https://advancement.wm.edu/come-work-with-us/open-positions/index.php
- HS Graduate or equivalent.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusiveness, including but not limited to collaboration, staffing and programming.
- Experience working in an administrative support role (typically 1+ years) in a fast-paced office.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the proven ability to work collaboratively as a team player as well as develop and foster communication and teamwork with a diverse audience including alumni, donors, faculty, staff, students and the university community.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to work independently, taking an appropriate level of initiative, to interpret, apply and explain policies and procedures, think strategically and exercise sound judgment when making logical, defensible decisions.
- The ability to proactively manage a large office, using successful office practices and protocols to maintain efficient and effective office operations, identify areas of improvement and anticipate the needs of the office, keeping it well-stocked, organized, and attractive.Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with moderate proficiency in PowerPoint, Acrobat Pro and/or similar programs and the ability to learn development and design-related software.
- Commitment to excellence and accountability, with the ability to multi-task, work independently and collaboratively while exercising sound judgment and taking an appropriate level of initiative.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple and competing tasks concurrently.
- Understanding of and desire to make an impact on the future of higher education
Advertised Pay Range:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in higher education, fundraising or other membership-based nonprofit (typically 3+ years).
- Administrative experience in support of an agency or department head to include event or meeting coordination/planning, advisory board support, coordinating travel logistics, and experience with fiscal support administration (i.e. budget operations, processing invoices, reimbursements, reconciliation) (typically 3+ years).
- Experience in a customer service role with the ability to interact professionally with VIPs, donors, volunteers, etc.
- Experience using a CRM (typically 1+ years).
- Experience with fiscal support administration (i.e processing invoices, reimbursements, reconciliation).
- Working knowledge of Commonwealth of VA State and University policies and procedures.
- Strong administrative skills with demonstrated proficiency in creating, proofreading, and editing complex documents with careful attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extract and analyze data and produce reports in a variety of formats. Experience with marketing initiatives and other efforts to generate leads, including assisting with preparing and designing materials (hard-copy and electronic) for donors.
- Experience with updating and maintaining websites using Cascade or similar tools.
$45,000, commensurate with experienceUniversity Salary Range:
610000 VP University Advancement OfficeLocation:
William & MaryIs the position remote work eligible?:
Hybrid (works remotely at least 1 day per week but not full-time)Remote Work Disclaimer:
Remote work eligibility is not guaranteed and is subject to approval. Employee eligibility depends on the likelihood of the employee succeeding in a remote work arrangement and the supervisor’s ability to manage remote workers. Departments and/or Human Resources may amend, alter, change, delete, or modify eligibility.Job Open Date:
08/11/2023Review Begin Date:
09/01/2023Open Until Filled:
Full Time OperationalFLSA:
12 Month - ContinuingConditions of Employment:
- This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- This position may be subject to overtime during high peak times, etc. as directed and approved by the supervisor.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php