Present Position Number:
FP166WRole Code Title:
Digital Gift OfficerUnit Mission Statement:
We create the conditions for opportunity – human, financial & experiential – by garnering and stewarding the resources that advance William & Mary. Position Summary:
William & Mary Foundation’s defining and essential mission is to support the university’s people and programs. By seeking private support, and then diligently managing those funds, the W&M Foundation advances and furthers the work of William & Mary’s students and faculty —providing vital resources for scholarships, professorships, research and program funding.
Consistent with the university’s shared services agreement with the William & Mary Foundation (WMF), this position is assigned 5% effort to support WMF with the responsibilities outlined below.
The Digital Gift Officer (DGO) is a new position and a key team member on the Annual Giving & Philanthropic Engagement team in the Office of University Advancement at William & Mary.Required Qualifications:
The DGO program at William & Mary is focused on joining William & Mary Advancement communications efforts with fundraising workflows in order to engage and grow the next generation of supporters of the institution. The DGO will focus on providing a first-class philanthropic experience for all donors by leveraging personalized digital engagement to effectively build relationships based on what truly matters to each individual supporter.
The DGO will manage a portfolio of approximately 1,000 donors with clear weekly, monthly, and annual goals. The candidate will collaborate with other departments both internally at the institution and externally, to effectively execute 1:1 outreach campaigns, using technology resources including EverTrue’s cloud platform, social media, and virtual communications software. Comfort with making personalized solicitations, daily use of video, phone, and email, and use of multiple databases and virtual communication technology are needed for success in this role.
This role will be critical in helping William & Mary achieve its near-term annual giving goals, and long-term fundraising objectives as well as develop qualified major gift referrals. The Digital Gift Officer will be an innovator that works independently and with a team, Candidates should be self-motivated and positive professionals, with a team-first optimistic attitude, eager to exemplify the William & Mary spirit and engage alumni and friends at a high velocity in a personalized manner. The DGO will work under the Director of Leadership & Digital Annual Giving and will work under the guidance of the EverTrue Advancement Programs Manager.
The successful candidate will be an innovator who will foster a culture of belonging that embraces all people and perspectives. This is a hybrid position based in Williamsburg, Virginia, that offers a flexible work environment.
Please review the full position description with all job duties under the “Featured Job Opportunities” on the University Advancement recruitment website: https://advancement.wm.edu/come-work-with-us/open-positions/index.php
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education, training and or experience.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness, including, but not limited to, collaboration, staffing and programming.
- Experience (typically 1-3 years) managing and developing relationships with constituents, clients, or customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills across mediums, especially email, video, and video conferencing
- Proficiency with a variety of software applications to include web-based applications and MS Office (with strong skills in Word and Excel), and experience and proficiency working with cloud based platforms. .
- Excellent customer service skills, oral and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external constituencies, while exercising tact and diplomacy in all interactions.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently within strict deadlines.
Advertised Pay Range:
- Experience in higher education fundraising as a student or professional.
- Experience working with database applications and CRM systems (typically 1+ year/s).
- Experience working in fundraising and/or marketing and/or volunteer management.
- Demonstrated project management experience in a related field.
- Experience working with sales software.
$55,000 to $59,000 commensurate with experienceUniversity Salary Range:
610000 VP University Advancement OfficeLocation:
William & MaryIs the position remote work eligible?:
Hybrid (works remotely at least 1 day per week but not full-time)Remote Work Disclaimer:
Remote work eligibility is not guaranteed and is subject to approval. Employee eligibility depends on the likelihood of the employee succeeding in a remote work arrangement and the supervisor’s ability to manage remote workers. Departments and/or Human Resources may amend, alter, change, delete, or modify eligibility.Job Open Date:
06/09/2023Review Begin Date:
07/07/2023Open Until Filled:
Full Time ProfessionalFLSA:
12 Month - ContinuingConditions of Employment:
- Flexibility is required as this position is subject to additional hours during peak times (to include occasional evenings and weekends around university events and deadlines), as directed.
- Flexibility and ability to travel as needed.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php