Present Position Number:
FP344WRole Code Title:
Professional/Lecturer (Staff)Position Title:
Assistant Director, Reunion & Affinity Annual GivingUnit Mission Statement:
We create the conditions for opportunity – human, financial & experiential – by garnering and stewarding the resources that advance William & Mary. Position Summary:
William & Mary Foundation’s defining and essential mission is to support the university’s people and programs. By seeking private support, and then diligently managing those funds, the W&M Foundation advances and furthers the work of William & Mary’s students and faculty —providing vital resources for scholarships, professorships, research and program funding.
Consistent with the university’s shared services agreement with the William & Mary Foundation (WMF), this position is assigned 5% effort to support Foundation Services LLC, a subsidiary of WMF, with the responsibilities outlined below.
The Assistant Director of Reunion & Affinity Annual Giving is a key member of the Reunion & Affinity Giving team in the Office of University Advancement at William & Mary.Working under general direction of and reporting to the Director of Reunion & Affinity Giving, the Assistant Director will develop and implement strategic plans to maximize dollars raised through, and participation in, William & Mary’s reunions and affinity programs. The Assistant Director manages a portfolio of donors, solicits annual gifts, develops and manages reunion and annual giving portfolios with at least one alumni decade and one to three reunion class years.Assistant Directors on the Reunion & Affinity Annual Giving team are charged with program modification for the class ambassador program, reunion & affinity giving programs, volunteer engagement and volunteer management. The position is responsible for class & affinity giving and alumni relations outreach to include but not limited to volunteer training and management, class and affinity giving and key college-wide alumni solicitation events, new initiatives, and unit support.Required Qualifications:
The Assistant Director of Reunion & Affinity Annual Giving is responsible for the management of 10-15 classes, including 1-3 reunion class years as assigned by the Director.The Assistant Director will be a champion for diversity and equity as William & Mary builds on its success and continues planning for its next campaign. This position is based in Williamsburg and is expected to work in the office on campus, eligible to work remotely up to two days per week.
Read more details about our team here and download the full position description here.https://advancement.wm.edu/come-work-with-us/open-positions/index.php
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education, training and or experience.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness, including, but not limited to, collaboration, staffing and programming.
- Experience managing and developing relationships with constituents, clients, customers, in a for-profit or nonprofit setting. Examples include outside sales, marketing or public relations, financial planning or wealth management, admissions or enrollment, and membership development, as well as academic fundraising or alumni engagement. (typically 2-3 years).
- Experience working in a fast-paced office environment with an understanding of general office procedures, practices and prioritization of workflow, and managing priorities concurrently within strict deadlines, and a desire to collaborate across multiple teams (typically 2-3 years).
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to manage and train volunteers.
- Strong analytical, computational and quantitative skills, with the ability to extract and analyze data, produce reports in a variety of formats, with the demonstrated ability to resolve problems, respond to inquiries, obtain and disseminate information.
- Proficiency with a variety of software applications to include web-based applications and MS Office (with strong skills in Word and Excel), to include creating mail-merges and developing spreadsheets with formulas and data links.
Advertised Pay Range:
- Experience working with database applications and CRM systems (typically 3+ or more years).
- Strong fundraising skills with the demonstrated ability to identify, qualify and cultivate prospective donors or clients, and desire to reach aggressive goals.
- Demonstrated understanding of an environment of fund-raising, volunteer engagement and its role in fundraising, donor relations, and higher education with respect to confidentiality of information that relates to the donor base.
- Demonstrated project management experience in a related field.
Up to $50,000, commensurate with experience.University Salary Range:
610000 VP University Advancement OfficeLocation:
William & MaryIs the position remote work eligible?:
Hybrid (works remotely at least 1 day per week but not full-time)Remote Work Disclaimer:
Remote work eligibility is not guaranteed and is subject to approval. Employee eligibility depends on the likelihood of the employee succeeding in a remote work arrangement and the supervisor’s ability to manage remote workers. Departments and/or Human Resources may amend, alter, change, delete, or modify eligibility.Job Open Date:
08/03/2023Review Begin Date:
09/04/2023Open Until Filled:
Full Time ProfessionalFLSA:
12 Month - ContinuingConditions of Employment:
- This position is subject to additional hours beyond the typical work day/week, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel as needed.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php