Present Position Number:
00813WRole Code Title:
Admin & Office Specialist IIIPosition Title:
Gift Processing SpecialistUnit Mission Statement:
We create the conditions for opportunity – human, financial & experiential – by garnering and stewarding the resources that advance William & Mary. Position Summary:
The William & Mary Foundation was created for the purpose of advancing and furthering the aims and purposes of the university of William & Mary (the “University” or “William & Mary”) by the development and application of financial and other resources to the progress of the University and is organized and operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, and educational purposes, within the meaning of section 501©(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, including receiving, managing, investing, and administering private gifts and property and making expenditures to or for the benefit of the University.
Consistent with the university’s shared services agreement with the William & Mary Foundation (WMF), this position is assigned 25% effort to support WMF with the responsibilities outlined below.
The Gift Processing Specialist is an integral member of the Office of Gift Administration in the Office of University Advancement at William & Mary and has responsibilities to support both the university and the William & Mary Foundation.Required Qualifications:
In their role supporting the William & Mary Foundation, the Gift Processing Specialist is responsible for data entry and customer service. The data entry includes entering information about individual gifts, pledges and pledge payments into a centralized database of gifts made to the William & Mary Foundation or other university foundations. The customer service includes speaking with donors to resolve their inquiries and concerns about their gifts, pledges or pledge payments. The Gift Processing Specialist follows appropriate standards and policies and works with speed and a high degree of accuracy in order to fulfill the team’s goal to ensure that all gifts, pledges and pledge payments are processed accurately and efficiently.
In their role supporting the university, the Gift Processing Specialist will perform the duties listed above for gifts to the university and will also collaborate with various units in the Office of University Advancement on solicitations and items requiring special attention. The Gift Processing Specialist reports to the Associate Director of Gift Processing Operations and works collaboratively as a member of a team of Gift Processing Specialists.
University Advancement encompasses the leadership and strategy of private philanthropy among alumni, parents, and friends of the university to benefit William & Mary for all time coming. The successful Gift Processing Specialist will be a proactive member of this talented team. They will be a champion for diversity and equity as William & Mary builds on its success and continues planning for its next campaign.
This position is based in Williamsburg and is expected to work in the office on campus, 5 days per week.
Please review the full position description with all job duties under the “Featured Job Opportunities” on the University Advancement website. https://advancement.wm.edu/come-work-with-us/open-positions/index.php
· High school diploma or equivalent.Preferred Qualifications:
· Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness, including, but not limited to, collaboration, staffing and programming.
· Familiarity with and understanding of the purpose of fundraising in higher education or a nonprofit setting.
· Bookkeeping experience with the desire to meet expectations of efficiencies, timeliness and accuracy (typically 1-2 years).
· Experience using automated bookkeeping software and or system (typically 2-4 years).
· Proficiency working with a variety of software applications (MS Office)
· Strong mathematical and computational skills and the ability to audit or proofs one’s own work to ensure accurate calculations.
· Demonstrated ability and desire to learn, apply and retain complex and detailed processes and procedures.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability and desire to work and analyze large sets of data, and produce reports.
· Ability to work independently, exercise discretion, diplomacy and use good judgment in performing all responsibilities.
· Strong oral and written communication skills with a strong customer service orientation, and the ability to articulately respond to donor calls and inquiries.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, cyclical environment while managing multiple priorities within strict deadlines.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field.Advertised Pay Range:
· Demonstrated experience working in a bookkeeping or data entry function in a fast-paced and busy office (typically 2-4 years).
· Experience with a relational database (typically 2 years).
$42,000 – $44,000, Commensurate with experienceUniversity Salary Range:
610000 University AdvancementLocation:
William & MaryIs the position remote work eligible?:
Not eligibleRemote Work Disclaimer:
Remote work eligibility is not guaranteed and is subject to approval. Employee eligibility depends on the likelihood of the employee succeeding in a remote work arrangement and the supervisor’s ability to manage remote workers. Departments and/or Human Resources may amend, alter, change, delete, or modify eligibility.Job Open Date:
06/20/2023Review Begin Date:
07/14/2023Open Until Filled:
Full Time OperationalFLSA:
12 Month - ContinuingConditions of Employment:
• This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act.EEO Statement:
• This position is subject to overtime during high peak times (e.g., during the end of the calendar and end of the fiscal year).
• This position may also be required to work beyond the typical work day/week and work during holiday break in order to meet the needs of the business.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php