Job no: 493344
Work type: Faculty (Full Time)
Job Title: Assistant or Associate Professor of Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
Reporting Relationship: Division Chair, Graduate Counseling
Unit: National & Global
Department: Graduate Counseling - School of Integrated Health
Campus Location: Online/RemoteSummary of Position:
The Division of Counseling at Indiana Wesleyan University invites applicants for an Assistant or Associate professors of Clinical and Mental Health Counseling (CMHC). Applicants should have an earned doctorate from a CACREP-approved program. Candidates should have appropriate licensure and credentials in the clinical mental health counseling profession and be eligible for licensure (e.g., LMHC, LPC, LPCC). Demonstration of professional identity with the counseling profession is required. Successful candidates will show evidence of personal faith in Jesus Christ, comfort with the Wesleyan theological perspective, and be committed to the integration of Christian faith in teaching and practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary teaching responsibilities will be in online and blended modalities
- Additional teaching responsibilities may include teaching at the Marion, Indiana main campus and the Indianapolis West Regional Center. Assigned courses will include core counseling and clinical mental health counseling courses
- Candidates will also have opportunity to develop elective courses in line with areas of professional interest and expertise
- Job responsibilities will include an annual teaching load of 21 semester hours as well as student advising and registration
- Applicants who bring diverse ethnic, racial, and gender perspectives to their scholarship and teaching are especially encouraged to apply
Qualifications: According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Applicant should have an earned doctorate from a CACREP-approved program. Candidate should have appropriate licensure and credentials in the clinical mental health counseling profession and be eligible for licensure (e.g., LMHC, LPC, LPCC)
- Previous higher education experience preferred, Experience in program leadership preferred. Someone with the ability to teach onsite and online also preferred
- Team mentality with a group of faculty devoted to training up the next generation of counselors. Efficient with learning management systems
IWU commits to create a community that reflects kingdom diversity. We will foster an intentional environment that exhibits honor, respect, and dignity. Acknowledging visible or invisible differences, our community authentically values each member’s earthly and eternal worth. We refute ignorance and isolation and embrace deliberate and courageous engagement.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Advertised: 11 Sep 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 11 Nov 2023 Eastern Standard Time