Job no: 493340
Work type: Administrative (Full Time)
Location: Marion, IN
Categories: Information Technology
Job Title: Multimedia Producer
Reporting Relationship: Creative & Communication Director
Unit: Central Administration
Department: Marketing Operations-Central Administration
Campus Location: Maxwell CenterSummary of Position:
The Media Producer is a team lead and is responsible for developing, editing and overseeing a range of stylized visuals and compelling stories in the form of videography and still photography for varied platforms. Projects will range in scope and complexity and will support the university’s strategic goals for administration, student recruitment, academic and non-academic programs for students, alumni relations, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Video & Photo
- Serve as primary videographer responsible for creating and/or implementing strategies incorporating video support of institutional objectives. Serve as secondary photographer as needed
- Responsible for the creation, management and delivery of video and/or photography from concept to final production which includes executing the project development process from initial client consultation to concept creation, scripting, storyboarding, set design and set up, lighting, shooting, editing, final delivery and post project assessment
- Work with the IWU administration, academic and operational unites to ensure that people, events, meetings, special occasions, and physical spaces are captured visually in both video and in still photography
- Edits and formats multimedia images using state of the art equipment and software
- Travel as needed to locations and events
- Other duties as assigned
- Team Lead
- Collaborates with Director to develop strategy for creative execution on media projects
- Communicate creative briefs and concepts to the media team as well as set and manage expectations around work allocation. Support media team to manage their time effectively in order to meet marketing needs
- Manage and oversee video pre-production planning
- Prepare and justify job allocation
- Proof, review, and evaluate all media deliverables to ensure high quality outcomes that meet marketing objectives and maintain brand consistency
- Provides assistance and training on photographic and multimedia equipment and related software to interns and team as needed
- Makes recommendations for the best approach to photographic or video assignments
- Interacts with vendors and outsourcing resources as needed on larger projects
- Manages a comprehensive library of images and video
- Oversees maintenance and cataloging of all video and photography equipment recommendations for new or improved technology or equipment
- Follow up with clients / brand manages to evaluate projects and their effectiveness Supervise student workers and videographer
Qualifications: According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Communication, Media Arts, Photography, Film/Videography or a related field
- Three (3+) or more years of video and production experience
- Must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Lightroom, Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator) and able to function in a Mac environment
- Must be able to tell stories creatively and concisely with a demonstrated skill in composition, lighting and sound.
- Thorough knowledge of production techniques and equipment, including DSLRs, professional camcorders, mics, continuous and strobe lighting, interviewing, etc.
- Knowledge of cameras from DSLR to HDV
- General knowledge of production principles and practices for photography and videography media
- Ability to develop, create, stage and/or produce professional quality visuals and evaluate production effectiveness in meeting objectives
- Ability to acquire skill in and adapt to changes in technology quickly
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of initiative and willingness to accept responsibility
- Ability to work with a team in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate a customer service attitude and to develop effective working relationships with internal and external constituents
- Ability to travel and work outside normal business hours or weekends when required as shoots can take place in locations outside of Marion, Indiana
IWU commits to create a community that reflects kingdom diversity. We will foster an intentional environment that exhibits honor, respect, and dignity. Acknowledging visible or invisible differences, our community authentically values each member’s earthly and eternal worth. We refute ignorance and isolation and embrace deliberate and courageous engagement.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Advertised: 11 Sep 2023 US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 10 Dec 2023 US Eastern Standard Time