The full-time Special Assistant to the Provost and SVP for Academic Affairs, under the supervision of the Provost, provides day-to-day project management and oversight. The Special Assistant to the Provost and SVP for Academic Affairs plays a key role in the support of academic affairs initiatives, new program initiatives, strategic planning, accreditation support, and copy-editing support. This person will also interact regularly with the Assistant Provost for Accreditation and Faculty Records, the Associate Provost for Strategic Initiatives, the Office of Compliance and academic leadership of the University including deans and program chairs.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Manage projects, as necessary, for the Office of the Provost; to include, but not be limited to: representing the Office of the Provost on various task forces and committees, coordinating meetings of these task forces and committees, following-up with subcommittees, assisting in drafting potential policies, and research support and drafting of reports as needed.
- Assist in the exploration of potential new programs for Touro including researching and drafting:
- Feasibility studies
- Market analysis/demand
- Assist school/program leadership in completing internal new program or change to program forms.
- Assist in the review and/or development of necessary state applications for new programs and changes to programs.
- Provide support in developing or gathering required documentation, annual reports and reviewing content for the materials and submissions required for the various specialized accreditors.
- Work with Touro school/program leadership on strategic plan development, management and tracking/updating.
- Interface with relevant committees, work-groups and councils to communicate between the Office of the Provost and constituents.
- Perform special projects and assignments as requested.
- Coordinate the development, revision and approval of organizational charts.
- Assist in the development, revision and approval of program catalogs and handbooks.
- Assist with research and drafting of other documents and presentations for the Provost.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures as needed for the Office of the Provost.
- Create documents, spreadsheets and presentations as needed for the Office of the Provost.
- Answer questions, solve problems effectively and escalate relevant information appropriately.
- Continually assess existing processes and procedures for possible areas of improvement and provide this feedback to the Provost.
- Master’s degree required terminal degree preferred.
- 3-5 years administrative experience
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Well-organized detail-orientated self-directed and able to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work well with teams
- Extensive use of computers
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Highly-skilled in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Extensive time sitting/standing
- Able to lift up to 5 lbs