Assistant Professor - School of Mathematical and Statistical SciencesLocation:
Clemson, SC, United StatesOpen Date:
Sep 10, 2023Description:
The School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences (SMSS) at Clemson University invites applications for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor position starting in the Fall 2024 semester. The position is targeted towards individuals with expertise in numerical methods and analysis, and partial (stochastic) differential equations (PDEs), with applications to data science including data assimilation methods for PDEs, deep learning and neural networks, machine learning and artificial intelligence in general.
The School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences is dedicated to Clemson’s overall mission of discovery, learning and engagement. The School’s faculty includes tenure/tenure track faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and lecturer-track faculty and fosters professional growth for all faculty. The School offers the full range of Baccalaureate, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees.
The School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences is organized into three Divisions:
· Mathematics: includes faculty in Algebra and Discrete Mathematics, Computational Mathematics, and Pure and Applied Analysis.
· Statistics and Operations Research: includes faculty in Applied Statistics and Data Science, Operations Research, and Probability and Mathematical Statistics.
· Mathematics and Statistics Education: includes faculty in Mathematics Education and Statistics Education. Lecturers (of all ranks) belong to the Mathematics and Statistics Education division.
For more information about the School and its programs, please visit the website http://www.math.clemson.edu. For more information about Clemson, please visit the website http://www.clemson.edu/.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree in a relevant field. Desirable attributes for candidates include an interdisciplinary research orientation in the mathematical sciences; post-doctoral, industrial, or practical experience; collaborative possibilities with faculty members in SMSS; and an interest in innovative applications. Candidates should have strong potential or demonstrated capability for effective research and teaching in the mathematical sciences.
For full consideration, applications should be submitted by October 27, 2023. Review will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should submit the following items via Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/131820
(1) Letter of application.
(2) Curriculum vitae.
(3) Research statement.
(4) Teaching statement.
(5) Three confidential letters of recommendation.
(6) A statement (no more than 1 page) describing the candidate’s experience mentoring diverse individuals and/or how the candidate plans to contribute to the inclusive excellence of the School.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, or related medical condition), national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.