The Department of Marketing/Communications/Public Affairs (MarCoPa) based in Klamath Falls, Oregon invites applications for the role of Director of Marketing.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for management of overall Marketing and Communications operations within the MarCoPa department. This includes developing, implementing, and evaluating marketing strategies and initiatives, short- and long-term goals and objectives related to Oregon Tech programs and activities in collaboration with enrollment management (admissions, recruitment, and other enrollment-related areas), advertising, branding, events, faculty and degree program promotion, outreach related to academic programs and university brand, and other related areas. The Director oversees multiple departmental staff as well as external contractors for writing, design and other services as needed; and delegates contracting oversight to other staff members as appropriate. This position works closely with and reports to the Executive Director of Marketing, Communications, and Public Affairs to drive the effectiveness of all university marketing/communications.
The Director of Marketing participates in strategic planning efforts for the university’s branding and outreach goals and supports the strategic activities of MarCoPa with broad engagement across the university and with external stakeholders. The Director manages budget and resource allocation within the portfolio of responsibilities; and supports the development, implementation, and evaluation of short- and long-range goals and objectives within this portfolio.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing communications and outreach strategies, materials and services for Oregon Tech in collaboration with Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM), academic departments including degree programs, Student Affairs, Advancement, and other functional areas within the university. This position directly impacts student recruitment, and the university’s goals related to enrollment and support of academics and other student-focused departments.
Technology with a human face — it's what the Office of Marketing/Communications/Public Affairs (MarCoPa) at Oregon Institute of Technology seeks to provide to all stakeholders in the Oregon Tech community. MarCoPa is responsible for developing and implementing integrated marketing and communications strategies designed to advance Oregon Tech's image and standing among our audiences.
The MarCoPa staff strives to provide timely information about Oregon Tech happenings to students, faculty, staff, and the broader community. Along with public and media relations, our department is responsible for all advertising efforts, branding and graphic identity, printed publications, as well the Oregon Tech website.
We pride ourselves in providing friendly, comprehensive, integrated marketing and communications services to the entire Oregon Tech community.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least five (5) years of progressively responsible and relevant experience, to include at least two (2) years of managerial experience. A Master’s degree in a related field may be substituted for up to one (1) year of the required experience. Any combination of relevant education and professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year‐for‐year basis.
- Experience and track record of success working in university marketing.
- Experience developing marketing strategies that positively impact student recruitment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in marketing, branding and communications strategy.
- Excellent verbal, writing and communication skills.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license at the time of hire.
- Willing and able to travel and work weekends/evenings.
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- Eight (8) or more years of management experience related to marketing and communications.
- Demonstrated excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to responsibly manage a budget.
- Demonstrated success in managing, supporting, developing, and motivating staff.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Initial review of applications will begin on September 28th, 2023. Applications will continue to be accepted after the initial review date until a sufficient applicant pool has been achieved or the position is filled. Therefore, at the discretion of the University, materials received after the initial review date may not receive full consideration.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/6051
Then, upload the following elements to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (unofficial)
- Professional References List
- Other Document
Oregon Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring, or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion or creed, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis in law.
Oregon Tech is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Office of Human Resources.
To peruse other employment opportunities at Oregon's premiere polytechnic university, visit the Oregon Tech Job Board: https://jobs.oit.edu
Oregon Tech proudly offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees; to learn more about the comprehensive offering of benefits visit: https://www.oit.edu/human-resources/benefits