About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Westfield State University was founded on the ideals of Horace Mann who sought to improve society through education. We were the first public education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. The spirit of innovative thinking and social responsibility is forged in a curriculum of liberal arts and professional studies contributing to the development of knowledge, skills, and character essential for students to become responsible leaders and engaged citizens.
Westfield State is a highly residential campus with approximately 55% of our 3,100 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Springfield, Northampton, and Amherst with a selection of museums, theater, collegiate and minor league sports, hiking trails, and restaurants. The University is within 1.5 hours of Boston and Albany and within 3 hours of New York City and the Green Mountain range of Vermont.Thank You for Your Interest in Becoming a Westfield State Community Member
You are welcome here. You can advance your career and make a difference here. We invite you to bring your whole self and talents to Westfield State University. The University seeks applicants whose record of teaching, student advising, research, and administration positions them to contribute to the everyday practice of our institutional values.Our Values
Westfield State commits to values that strengthen a common bond among all members of our community and promotes a rich campus environment.
- Embrace Diversity - We treat all members of our community with dignity and respect.
- Maintain Excellence and Integrity - We maintain excellence and integrity in all that we do.
- Collaborate with Each Other - We make decisions in a transparent and collaborative manner.
- Provide Accessible Education - We commit to providing an accessible, affordable public higher education for all.
- Build a Strong Community - We are inclusive and ensure equity, supporting the personal development of all community members, and embracing multiple perspectives.
- Engage the Outside Community - We support civic engagement in local, regional, and global initiatives.
Job Description:Campus Title:
LocksmithState Job Title:
Full-time., Permanent Timeframe:
52 Weeks Shift:
Monday- Friday 6:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Regular Days Off:
Saturday and Sunday Supervision Received:
The Locksmith will receive direct supervision from The Director of Facilities and Operations.Supervision Exercised:
$1,667.36 Bi-weeklyGeneral Statement of Duties:
Installs, maintains, repairs, adjusts and replaces all types of manual and automated locking and security systems and related components; produces keys.Duties and Responsibilities:Duties include but not limited to:Essential:
- Installs repairs, maintains, adjusts and replaces all types of manual and automated locking and security systems and related components in doors, windows, desks, office equipment and other units according to blueprints, sketches and manuals and according to specified dimensions.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, adjusts and replaces all types of manual and automated locking and security systems and related components designed to work in conjunction with other components and equipment to form a complete security surveillance system.
- Changes lock combinations by inserting new or repaired tumblers into locks in order to increase security effectiveness.
- Trouble shoots devices by determining appropriate techniques and trade practices to be followed; by deciding which components comprising the system are malfunctioning; and by making operational tests to determine the extent and location of malfunctions and repair or replace the necessary parts.
- Prepares sketches, drawings and diagrams to identify tolerances, dimensions and critical parts and/or surfaces relative to device.
- Performs related duties such as cutting and/or duplicating keys; removing broken keys from locks; opening locks without keys or combinations; cleaning and lubricating assemblies; and maintaining records concerning work performed type and coding of lock installations and location of locks and keys.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in the repair of locks or lock assemblies.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in installing locks or lock assemblies.
- Knowledge of the types and uses of small hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, chisels, drills, files, picks, etc.
- Knowledge of the types and uses of precision measuring equipment and devices such as calipers, levels, rulers, squares, etc.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in making and cutting keys.
- Knowledge of the characteristics and properties of a wide variety of metals and alloys.
- Skill in using precision measuring equipment and devices such as calipers, levels, rulers, squares, etc.
- Skill in using small hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, chisels, drills, files, picks, etc.
- Skill in the methods and techniques of making and cutting keys.
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects
- Ability to work independently.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable code requirements, including those regulations pertaining to fire exits and door hardware.
License and/or Certification Requirements:
- Applicants must have at least one year of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in locksmithing work
Valid Massachusetts; or equivalent other state, drivers' license.
Salaries for current Westfield State University employees and individuals currently working for the state of Massachusetts must be calculated individually in accordance with collective bargaining agreements as well as state policies. State job specifications may be found on the Department of Higher Education's webpage
Benefits are an important component of an employee's total compensation package.
- Health Insurance: Westfield State offers a variety of HMO, POS, and PPO-type health insurance plans for eligible employees with coverage effective on the 1st of the month following the 60 days of employment.
- Retirement: the MA State Employee Retirement System provides eligible employees with a retirement pension following a 10-year vesting period. In lieu of the retirement pension, eligible employees may select the Optional Retirement Plan with a maximum 5% employer matching contribution.
- Tuition Waivers & Discounts: eligible employees, including spouses and dependent children, receive reduced tuition at MA state colleges, community colleges, and universities.
- Paid Time Off: employees receive 11 paid holidays and generous vacation, personal, and sick leave benefits.
- Additional information regarding employee benefits is available on the University's Benefits & Wellness webpage.
Westfield State University is committed to the full inclusion of individuals with disabilities and will ensure the availability of reasonable accommodations. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (413) 572-8809 or visit us in the Horace Mann Building, 1st floor.Background Check
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion and review of a background check. A criminal record will not automatically disqualify an applicant from consideration.
Application Instructions:An online application is required
. A resume and cover letter may be attached but this is not required.
Deadline: Review of applications will begin 08/14/2023. The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days and, if needed, will remain open until finalist have been selected. NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=165721&CNTRNO=9&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency