Job Location: Bethany Campus - Bethany, OK
Position Type: Faculty Full-Time
Education Level: Terminal Degree
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Full Time / Salary / Exempt 12-month faculty contract
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
As chief administrator of the department, the chair has authority and responsibility for the delivery of academic programs in accordance with departmental, college, and university strategic plans, evaluation of departmental personnel, and budgeting and resource management. This authority is subject to the approval of the VPAA and Chief Academic Officer. The chair coordinates departmental activity with the activities of other units in the College and the University and, in collaboration with other members of the administration, assists in developing and implementing College initiatives. This position will report to the VPAA of the respective college or the VPAA’s determined designee.
- Work with faculty, students, and staff to establish and maintain a long-term vision for the department that is consistent with the departmental, college, and university missions
- Serve as a liaison between the department and other units of the institution
- Ensure departmental compliance with College and University rules and regulations
- Oversee curriculum development and revisions for the department
- Review and assess academic programs offered by the department
- Assess general education outcomes in core courses taught within the department
- Initiate new academic programs and projects when appropriate
- Manage course schedules that serve program and student needs
- Manage course registrations and instructor assignments
- Oversee the department's fiscal operations; develop and regularly monitor the department's budget
- Review and revise department information published in the university catalog
- Manage the maintenance of departmental print and electronic records, including websites
- Supervise and evaluate faculty and staff performance
- Support and oversee the overall development of the department's faculty and staff
- Recruit, appoint, and supervise department staff and student assistants
- Review faculty and staff grievances within the department
- Coordinate student advising and reviews of degree progress
- Evaluate student transfer credit related to requirements for majors/minors for business degrees
- Review student academic appeals and grievances
- Teach four classes per semester (equivalent to 480 student credit hours annually)
- Participate in research and scholarly activities in the discipline
- Participate and assist department faculty in university and community service activities as appropriate
- Work in collaboration with campus leaders to lead departmental faculty and staff in fostering a welcoming culture of inclusive excellence and cultural responsiveness
- Contribute to the maintenance of ACBSP accreditation
- Southern Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. According to SNU policy, all faculty and staff must possess a strong personal Christian commitment and be committed to the SNU mission to make Christlike disciples through higher education in a Christ centered community.
- An understanding of the importance for diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Earned doctorate in a Business discipline from an accredited institution. ABD candidates may also be considered.
- Successful collegiate teaching experience, including face-to-face and online delivery.
- Evidence of ability to lead faculty in delivering high-quality instruction in a student-learning-centered environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading good practices in learning assessment and data-informed curriculum improvement at the course and programmatic levels.
- A demonstrated understanding of the importance of diversity, inclusion, and equity in higher education, business, or ministry contexts and the ability to work with diverse constituencies.
- Experience with ACBSP accreditation (program champion, ACBPS peer reviewer)
- Experience with online, conventional semester-based, and accelerated educational modalities
- Experience with program review and conducting academic prioritization
Receives supervision and work assignments from the Vice President for Academic Affairs for Undergraduate Studies.
Leads faculty in the school of business and may be responsible for coordinating work assignments for student employees.
Apply Online for this position at Southern Nazarene Careers
Generous benefit structure including family health insurance plan (shared cost), long term disability, dental insurance, group life insurance, retirement matching, tuition remission, vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays.