Associate Dean for Research — Search # 67967 (Associate Professor or Professor)
Georgia Southern University
Waters College of Health Professions
The Waters College of Health Professions invites applications and nominations for the position of Associate Dean of Research and tenure-track/tenured Associate Professor or Professor
Founded in 1906, Georgia Southern University is a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution with a focus on public-impact research, serving over 25,500 students on three beautiful campuses in Statesboro, Savannah, and Hinesville, and via a growing online program. Through our degree offerings at the associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels, Georgia Southern offers a distinctive combination of community collaboration, world-class scholarship, innovative teaching, and hands-on learning opportunities.
Within this setting, the Waters College of Health Professions consists of of three academic units: the School of Nursing, the Department of Clinical Sciences, and the Department of Health Sciences and Kinesiology. The College has over 4,500 undergraduate students, 450 graduate students, and 145 full-time faculty and staff. The College seeks to provide comprehensive and innovative programs that promote health and quality of life for individuals, families, and communities within a global society. The Associate Dean for Research will assist faculty in raising the research profile of the College.Position Description.
Reporting to the Dean of the College, the Associate Dean for Research requires administrative and research responsibilities, as well as a terminal degree. The successful candidate will facilitate grant writing and professional development activities related to research and scholarly activity; develop programs and procedures to enhance research; and maintain an active research agenda. The position is a 12-month, tenure-track or tenured appointment. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.Required Qualifications:
• An earned doctorate in one of the areas within the College, or a closely related field.
• An academic record of teaching, scholarship, and service commensurate with the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.
• Minimum of 5 years full-time college/university teaching experience at the assistant professor level is required for the rank of tenure-track/tenured associate professor along with a strong record of research and service with publications and presentations in professional venues.
• Minimum of 5 years full-time college/university teaching experience at the associate professor level is required for the rank of tenured professor along with a strong record of research and service with substantial publications and presentations in professional venues.
• A record of funded research as a principal investigator or project director
• Willingness to engage with institutional student success initiatives.
• Commitment to engaging with best practice initiatives in instruction and pedagogy, mentoring, and curriculum design and development.
• Demonstrated commitment to advancing a strong and growing research and scholarship agenda and the production of research/creative activities as appropriate to the discipline. Preferred Qualifications:
• Demonstrated ability to manage budgets.
• Experience with development of new graduate programs
• Ability to coordinate interdisciplinary research/collaboration.
• Experience establishing partnerships with external stakeholders.
• Ability to assist faculty with identification of funding sources and successful procurement of grants and contracts.Conditions of Employment:
• Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the institution.
• All work (with limited exceptions such as research and study abroad and outside activities such as grading and email correspondence) for Georgia Southern University must be completed while the employee is physically present in the state of Georgia, unless specifically authorized by the university for a specific purpose and limited period of time within current policy.
• Faculty are expected to contribute to the vibrant university community by engaging students, participating in events, and performing other responsibilities on-campus.
• Faculty may be required to teach, conduct research, or perform service duties on any of the three campuses. Georgia Southern provides accessible transportation options between campuses.
Screening of applications begins October 9, 2023 and continues until the position is filled. The preferred position starting date is July 1, 2024. A complete application consists of a letter addressing the qualifications cited above; a curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least 3 professional references. Other documentation may be requested. Only complete applications submitted electronically will be considered. Finalists will be required to submit to a background investigation. Applications and nominations should be sent to:
Dr. Melissa Garno, Search Chair, Search #67967
Georgia Southern University
Electronic mail: https://tinyurl.com/2p835bkc
More information about the institution is available through http://www.georgiasouthern.edu
. The names of applicants and nominees, vitae, and other non-evaluative information may be subject to public inspection under the Georgia Open Records Act. Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources at 912-478-6947.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency