Nurse Associate II
San Diego Community College District
Under the direction of the College Nurse, Health Services Director, or assigned supervisor or manager,
responsible for patient care provided to eligible students requesting services from the Student Health Services Office.
for description If you would like to open the link in a different tab or window, right click and select the option.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Perform health screening and testing measures for all eligible students.
• Perform health assessments and provide health education.
• Interpret and reinforce health care instructions.
• Provide first aid and emergency care to patients presenting for treatment.
• Assist nurse practitioners and college physician as needed.
• Administer medications and dispense over the counter medications.
• Perform tuberculosis screening and administer other immunizations.
• Perform venipuncture and collection of laboratory specimens.
• Assist in maintaining public health standards for disease control.
• Assist in developing education and screening programs.
• Gather and maintain health data on students at the time of admission; maintain necessary health records.
• Advise individuals about his/her health problems and preventive health measures.
• Provide direct and indirect nursing service according to the level of educational preparation.
• Maintain a current reliable directory for off-campus social and medical services.
• Assist in the training of medical office assistants.
Knowledge of professional nursing practices and principles, current health trends and first aid procedures, community college organization and structure, scope of student services, and the role of health programs. Ability to administer first aid and appropriate nursing services; administer medications; draw blood; collect and prepare laboratory specimens; control contagious disease through exclusion, inspection, immunization, and chest x-ray survey as needed; interpret health appraisals and standards of normal growth and development; maintain effective relationships with community health agencies and professional organizations; provide prevention and care of accidents and emergency illnesses; and relate effectively to adolescents and adults with special health problems and needs in a diverse population. Bachelor’s degree in nursing with a Public Health
Certificate from an accredited institution. Full-time nursing experience. Valid CPR certification for healthcare professionals. Valid California drivers’ license.
for the hourly pay rate.
If you would like to open the link in a different tab or window, right click and select the option.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency