Meritus Health and the proposed Meritus School of Osteopathic (MSOM) in Hagerstown, Maryland is seeking a highly motivated individual to provide senior level leadership and management as the VP, Student Affairs.
This position will report to the President, MSOM
VP of Student Affairs:
- Provide career, professional, and personal development to students
- Lead admissions within the school, resulting in applications and quality of the student body
- Serve as a primary contact to students facing academic, professional, personal, and/or financial challenges and refer students to appropriate resources
- Lead the medical student coaching and advising programs across all four years of medical school
- Develop and provide coaching training sessions to faculty and staff to enhance student support services
- Develop and lead professional identity formation activities as students
- Deliver the AOA/AAMC Careers in Medicine curriculum
- Participate and teach in the Interprofessional Activities program
- Develop additional student support programs to enhance the success of medical students
- Assist in establishment of a student culture focused on respect and belonging
- Collaborate with Meritus Counseling and Psychological Services in continued implementation of mental health counseling programs specific for medical students
- Oversee and refer students who need accommodation services
- Understand all policies contained in the Medical student handbook and assist in revising and/or developing new policies as needed
- Assist in maintaining an effective system for provision of health services to students
- Assist in continued quality improvement initiatives for the Office of student Affairs and Admissions
- Deliver presentations and participate in activities related to the Office of Student Affairs and Admissions including consistently during the Medical Student Admissions cycle
- Attend and assist in planning Student Affairs events including, but not limited to, orientation, white coat ceremony, match day and graduation
- Refer any student circumstances that require higher level of administrative involvement
- Doctoral degree (MD or DO) from an accredited institution and credentials that merit appointment at the rank of associate professor, PhD in related field or JD with experience in Student Affairs
- A medical license in Maryland that is free and unencumbered
- Interest in providing care of patients in an academic setting as assigned.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various members of the healthcare system, as well as a variety of learners from a broad spectrum of backgrounds is required.
- Teaching experience with students and residents, experience with administrative organizational leadership in an academic institution or program, and/or clinical research scholarship experience will be the most competitive candidates.
- Demonstrates and supports a culture of inclusivity and belonging.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes inclusivity and belonging
- Experience with the student information systems
- Recommends academic solutions to Academic deans, and student affairs solutions to student affairs directors
- Enrollment in student services or learning support no more than 5% of the class
- Student focus groups meet regularly and issues brought back to faculty with solutions
- Student professionalism complaints addressed and student groups engaged and happy with MSOM policies
Salary range: $200,000 - $260,000 based on experience
Strength Through Diversity
Meritus School of Osteopathic Medicine believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion are key drivers for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. When you join us, you become a part MSOM and we expect a record of achievement, education, and advancement as we meet our mission.
Our commitment to equity in all aspects of patient care delivery, education, and research to promote policies and practices to allow opportunities for all to create joy at work and reach their potential.