Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer (Reg FT)
Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer (Reg FT)Department:
: Office of College ServicesAdditional Information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than July 17, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. Benefits:
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.Remote Work Option:
Fully In-PersonJob Category:
Regular Full-TimeJob Slot:
6034Job Open Date:
6/30/2023Job Close Date: General Summary:
This position reports to the College President and provides leadership and coordination of capital and facilities projects across the college community. The position plans, direct, and oversees the operational and budgetary activities of the Facilities Services Department and leads all capital and major facilities projects and oversees college-wide emergency management and security & safety operations. Provides highly responsible and complex administrative services to advance the mission of the institution and to foster collaboration with the provost and vice president for academic affairs, region presidents and directors of facilities. The Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer will provide critical facilities insight, support and leadership to effectively address short- and long-term facilities priorities and emergencies. Requirements:
Master's degree from an accredited college or university. A minimum of 7 years of progressive responsible management experience in different levels of facilities services, construction, college administration, or similar work environment. Other desired skills:
Knowledge of facility management and/or auxiliary services principles and practices
Knowledge of construction rules and regulations for compliance
Knowledge of RFP and bidding process, contractual terms and conditions
Knowledge of accounting and finance rules and regulations as mandated by federal and state agencies
Ability to negotiate terms of contracts
Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Demonstrate ability to work in a team
Experience with computerized administrative systems and proficient with the use of standard office software and equipmentDuties: Facilities Administration
1. Serves as Primary contact to the internal and external community for facilities management, capital and construction.
2. Plans, directs, oversees, and participates in the development of college-wide work plans to include all construction projects and facilities services operations. Leads and works collaboratively with region presidents, project managers and directors of facilities to assess, plan and facilitate capital and facilities projects.
3. Monitors work flow and work products, results, methods, and procedures.
4. Supervises and participates in the development and administration of facilities services and construction project budgets. Monitors and approves expenditures as necessary.
5. Develops, plans, and participates in the implementation of college-wide facilities and capital goals. Initiates and recommends actions to accomplish these objectives. Actively participates in strategic planning and goals setting activities pertaining to assigned area of responsibility.
6. Serves as “College Agent” interfacing with and providing oversight to all third party vendors/contractors at the college.
7. Coordinates college-wide capital and big facilities projects with the region presidents, directors of centers, executive directors of administration, and outside agencies.
8. Serves as the primary representative for the college with State agencies.
9. Prepares and presents various facilities reports and other necessary correspondence to keep the college president updated on all capital and facilities matters.
10. Leads, supervises and guides in the development of RFPs, bids, contracts, and proposals for construction and facilities related services. Negotiates and administer contracts with outside vendors, architects, and others.
11. Reviews projects and contracts for compliance and take appropriate actions to resolve discrepancies.
12. Analyzes problems, trouble shoots and identifies alternative solutions, and implement recommendations to address college-wide facility matters in a timely and professional manner.
13. Performs other duties as assigned. Safety Administration
1. Reports and keeps the college President informed on all college safety related matters.
2. Provides first response to and reporting of all college emergencies. Coordinates with the college president, region presidents and directors of safety & security on implementation of the action plan(s) for all college emergencies.
3. Direct supervision of the college director of emergency management in the development, implementation, periodic review and updating of the college-wide emergency plans.
4. Supervises the planning and implementation of college-wide emergency exercises.
5. Coordinates compliance with applicable codes regarding college safety issues and the implementation of training programs to address the compliance.
6. Coordinates with all campuses and sites to ensure compliance with applicable environmental health & safety standards.
7. Acts as the college-wide Integrated Pest Management Coordinator ensuring the health & safety of all facility occupants.
8. Coordinates with all campuses and the college Director of Risk Management/Insurance to ensure all safety documents are up-to-date and meetings are scheduled and reported per college policy.
9. Acts as a member of the college's Clery Compliance Committee to ensure proper documentation and reporting.
10. Researches and recommends best practices regarding college safety systems, processes & procedures.
11. Coordinates to ensure all college life safety systems are inspected and maintained per industry standards.
12. Coordinates to ensure all college surveillance systems, access control systems and software programs are installed and maintained per industry standards.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or as required. Clearances:
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1344
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency