Director for Commercial Drivers License Program (Reg FT)
Director for Commercial Drivers License Program (Reg FT)Department:
: Boyce CampusAdditional Information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than July 17, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. Benefits:
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.Remote Work Option:
Fully In-PersonSalary Grade:
Admin 16 - $64,070Job Category:
Regular Full-TimeJob Slot:
6033Job Open Date:
6/30/2023Job Close Date: General Summary:
Director oversees and implements the Commercial Driver's License training program by working closely with other program managers, CCAC administrators, instructors, and CDL Advisory Board members. Specifically responsible for coordination of the current instructional technologies including both classroom and behind-the-wheel training. Must assess training needs through employer meetings, focus groups, or consultations with Human Resource CDL Training Mangers to ensure the training provided is relevant to the industry and meets the requirements of the PA Department of Transportation.Requirements:
Current CDL license and four years of related experience and experience in professional driving required. Experience in CDL or other technical program administration desirable. Associate's degree preferred. Must exhibit strong attention to detail, manage responsibilities in a high-energy environment, and work both independently and collaboratively. Must also exhibit strong communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and an entrepreneurial attitude to creatively, adaptively, and enthusiastically take on many challenges at once.Duties:
1. Facilitate the delivery of transportation related instructional content for different levels or types of adult learners.
2. Supervise needs assessments with companies and strategic learning assessments with adult students to develop the basis for curriculum development or to update curricula.
3. Recommend other transportation related programming.
4. Strengthen and manage an advisory committee comprised of local employers who would be interested in employing program completers.
5. Establish master course documentation and/or manuals according to applicable accreditation, certification, or other requirements.
6. Conduct curriculum review and make recommendations at department meetings regarding course design, technology, and instruction delivery options.
7. Identify changes to curricula or delivery methods, based on information such as instructional effectiveness data, current or future performance requirements, feasibility, and costs.
8. Implement instructional methods, such as individual or group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations and simulation exercises appropriate for content and learner characteristics.
9. Schedule courses to maximize annual enrollment and market courses.
10. Assess effectiveness and efficiency of instruction according to ease of instructional technology use and student learning, knowledge transfer, and satisfaction.
11. Maintain accurate program income records.
12. Recruit, interview, assess and keep accurate student records.
13. Develop instructional materials, such as lesson plans, handouts and measurement tools to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction.
14. Devise specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills in the workforce.
15. Assess training costs to ensure budget is not exceeded, and prepare budget reports to justify expenditures.
16. Supervise and assign adjunct faculty to assist in training where applicable.
17. Create curriculum guides for courses and/or program components.
18. Manage course projects from inception to completion, including providing coordination for all program activities including overseeing scheduling, staffing, budgeting and evaluation of programs.
19. Perform other related duties as required or assigned, including duties relating to internal controls including safe-guarding of department assets, inventory, maintenance of equipment, safety measure standards in laboratory.Clearances:
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1343
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency