Instructor - Outdoor Power Equipment Technology (Part-time)
Fox Valley Technical College
Regular FacultyFVTC Worksite
Service Motor Company Agriculture CenterHours Per Week
20Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.Job Description Summary
This individual will be required to instruct classes in Agriculture/Outdoor Power Equipment Technician area on a part-time basis. Classes will mostly be held in the evening. Flexibility in work schedule is essential.
38 Week ContractJob DescriptionESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Facilitation of Learning. Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students in associate degree, technical diploma, basic education, continuing education, and/or contract training programs. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level.
- Curriculum Development. Develop, revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with the college policy on level of required documentation.
- Classroom Management. Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
- Interpersonal/Team Skills. Participate in activities of the instructional team, including planning, development, scheduling, and budgeting as a cooperative and professional team player.
- Business/Industry/Community Linkages. Develop and deliver customized training for various clients as needed, and maintain involvement with business/industry/community through advisory committees, marketing and recruitment efforts, and professional associations and organizations. Student
- Support and Guidance. Advise and support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
- Professional Development. Participate in professional development activities which provide for continually updated knowledge and skills for the role of the contemporary instructor as directed by one's Individual Professional Development Plan.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Monitor student graduation requirements.
- Serve as an “ambassador for Agriculture Department” in a variety of community activities.
- Prepare and submit required reports.
- Maintan accrediations and professional/student memberships relevant to Outdoor Power Equipment Technciain Program area.
- Maintan & develop partnerhship/aricltuaions with K-12.
ESSENTIAL APTITUDES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Bachelor's Degree in related and appropriate field. AND
- Minimum of two years of occupational experience in the field of the program or programs being taught, of which at least one year shall be within the last five years. (One year of related occupational experience may be waived with at least two years of post−secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within the last five years), OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable knowledge may be acquired.
- Mobile air conditioning experience and certification or willingness to obtain certification required.
- Motorcycle license endorsement or willingness to obtain endorsement required.
- Teaching or training experience is desirable.
- Ability to plan, organize, instruct, and facilitate quality education programs, including development of relevant curriculum.
- Upon hire, must maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements and licensure required by other agencies to maintain individual and program accreditation, if applicable.
- Success and commitment as a team player, including the ability to engage in win-win thinking and to foster consensus.
- Flexibility in schedule, including availability for evening and weekend assignments.
- Flexibility, including the acceptance of and willingness to change.
- Demonstrated ability for written and oral communication with students, staff, employers and other external entities.
- Proficiency in computer use and applications which support teaching and learning.
- Highly motivated with strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the college.
- Ability to work with diverse student, staff, and community populations.
- Understanding and successful use of learning technology including online.
- Demonstrated development of course materials and assessments of student learning.
- An educational philosophy which places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of courses.
- Willingness to take risks and try new things.
- Willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- A commitment to the mission, purposes, and values of the college.
- Must be capable of occasionally lifting and moving objects weighing up to 50 lbs for purpose of repairs, set-up, installation, or relocation.
Pay: $68,400.00 - $82,900.00 per year.
Pay is based on a multitude of factors, including experience, qualifications, education, relevant certifications, internal equity, and market data. The range listed is the full-time equivalent range and will be prorated based on weekly hours.
Based on experience and expertise, an individual with an Associate Degree or equivalent and willingness to obtain a Bachelor's Degree within specific timeframe may be considered.
FVTC strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. FVTC does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, weight or any other protected class.
To apply, please visit: https://fvtc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FVTC/job/Appleton-WI/Instructor---Outdoor-Power-Equipment-Technology--Part-time-_JR2023-453
Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency