Biology Adjunct Instructor
Fox Valley Technical College
Adjunct FacultyFVTC Worksite
Appleton Main Campus, Oshkosh Riverside CampusHours Per Week
8.75Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.Job Description Summary
Fox Valley Technical College is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to teach General Biology. General Biology introduces general biological concepts and principles. Emphasis is on cell structure and function, genetics, evolution and taxonomical relationships. Consideration is also given to diversity among the various kingdoms. This course emphasizes an environmental perspective.
FVTC adjunct faculty are dynamic partners for both students and the College. An adjunct instructor works with students beyond the classroom to ensure their success, models FVTC core values, and demonstrates commitment to excellence in program/course content and delivery. An adjunct instructor can work effectively in a collaborative environment; is willing to innovate and change to meet evolving program and industry needs; and demonstrates competency with use of technology that supports learning and teaching. Generally, an adjunct instructor will be hired to instruct specific open classes based upon the adjunct instructor's qualifications and availability.Job DescriptionESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The duties listed below outline general expectations of adjunct faculty. Each program will have specific teaching assignments that will be developed at the time of hiring, based on the department's needs.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Plan, develop, and implement appropriate instructional strategies, including alternative delivery strategies when appropriate.
- Assist and advise students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
- Research, develop, and administer skills assessments before, during and after courses and services with an emphasis on evaluating student performance in courses taught by the instructor.
- Promote student success through timely communication, growth-based feedback, and implementation of strategies that meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Comply with college policies and directions regarding student testing record keeping, advanced standing, providing grades on a timely basis, maintaining office hours for student assistance and counseling, etc.
- Meet professional expectations by maintaining professional currency and contributing to a collaborative culture across the College.
- Attend division, department, and advisory committee meetings as requested.
- Participate in appropriate staff development activities such as diversity awareness, technology training, etc.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the college's mission, vision, and values.
- Master's degree in Biology or Master's degree and 18 graduate credits in discipline.
- Prior teaching or training experience preferred.
- Qualified per FVTC requirements at time of, and throughout employment as an instructor. Must also meet and maintain Higher Learning Commission (HLC) requirements, Faculty Quality Assurance Standards (FQAS), and/or other job specific licensing standards.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.ESSENTIAL APTITUDES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
The knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below outline general expectations of Adjunct Faculty. Each academic program will have specific content area expertise requirements that will be developed at the time of hiring, based on the department's needs.
- Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including learner-centered instruction, assessment, evaluation and collaborative techniques and strategies that address closing the gap in student access and achievement across race, gender and disability.
- Skilled in the use of educational technology and alternative delivery methods.
- Knowledge and ability to infuse multicultural perspectives into course content and delivery.
- Skilled in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds, as well as individuals with disabilities.
- Skilled in oral and written communications.
- Ability to effectively interact with business and industry to establish partnerships and address needs.
Hourly pay rate: $45.00 per hour.
Pay is based on a multitude of factors, including experience, qualifications, education, relevant certifications, internal equity, and market data.
Thank you for your interest in Adjunct Faculty opportunities with Fox Valley Technical College. Upon successful submission of your application, cover letter, and resume, you will be considered for future adjunct faculty opportunities. FVTC will keep your application in our files as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when or if the need arises. ONLY if the need shall arise, you will be contacted via the contact information provided on your application, otherwise, you will not receive any further contact from FVTC.
Adjunct instructors are hired on a per-course basis. The total hours for an adjunct instructor range from approximately 3 hours per week to no more than 8 hours per week. Hours vary and can include both day, evening, and weekend classes. Courses are taught in traditional classrooms and alternative delivery formats.
Upon hire, new adjunct faculty are required to complete the mandatory, non-compensated Blackboard Basics & Orientation for Adjunct Instructors course within 30 days. Additional training is also required to qualify to teach in the Wisconsin Technical College System within the first three years of hire.If you should have any questions regarding adjunct teaching opportunities for this position, please contact insert contact Henry Merrill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FVTC strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. FVTC does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, weight or any other protected class.
To apply, please visit: https://fvtc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FVTC/job/Appleton-WI/Biology-Adjunct-Instructor_JR2022-321
Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency