Part-Time SOAR Program Academic Fellow (2 Positions Available)
POSITION: Part-Time SOAR Program Academic Fellow (2 Positions Available):
Academic Fellow; SOAR Program SUCCESS Allocation; One position located on the Haverhill Campus (100 Elliott Street) & one position on the Lawrence Campus (45 Franklin Street); 16 hours/week, Hybrid schedule, M-TH 5pm-9pm; Non-Unit Professional Position; Grant Funded PositionSUMMARY:
The SOAR program is a state-funded, high impact cohort-based program that provides students with opportunities for academic success, career development, identity development, and leadership development.
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Academic Success of the SOAR Program, the SOAR Program Academic Fellows are responsible for holistically assisting and mentoring program participants with all aspects of college assignments from planning through completion. They will work with program participants to help them acclimate and understand college academic culture and expectations. They will help students develop strategies to assist them in successfully completing college assignments. They will connect program participants with essential academic resources such as tutoring, academic coaching, center for accessibility resources & services, academic and faculty advising. The ideal candidate will join a vibrant and inclusive educational community and have the desire and ability to work with a diverse population.RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include but not limited to:
Commitment to Equity:
- Provide information, assistance, and guidance to program participants regarding academic assignments in the subjects of Health Sciences or Business & Professional Studies in a drop-in format.
- Offer program participants solutions to overcome barriers to academic assignment planning and completion.
- Promote the use of academic resources and refer when necessary.
- Resolve participant challenges by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions to aid with persistence; escalating unresolved problems.
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure a seamless support process for all program participants.
- Maintain files and records.
- Actively use student success management systems such as Banner, Navigate, Zogotech, etc.
- Anticipate and meet all program participant needs accurately, professionally and with a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for working cross-functionally with other teams, building customer relationships, and other special projects, as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Support Northern Essex's commitment to the Equity Agenda; collaborating with faculty, staff, and students on the College's strategic initiatives dedicated to closing the equity gap related to student outcomes
- Support Northern Essex's commitment to being anti-racist; embracing a community free of bias and inequality
- Engage in departmental systems and policy review with a critical lens toward equity, accessibility, inclusion, and universal design
- Engage in conversations with colleagues and students and offer best practices within the Academic Advising and Coaching profession as it relates to equity and inclusion.
- Associate degree in appropriate field
- Student Leadership experience
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to assess and negotiate complex, highly sensitive situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working in or attending community college.
- Bilingual or Bicultural (Spanish and English).
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse, population in a Hispanic-Serving Institution.
: Candidates will be required to pass a CORI and SORI check as a condition of employment.
ANTICIPATED START DATE
- Non-benefited position
Application Instructions:TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position click on the "Apply Now" button, you will be prompted to setup a new account or login to an existing account. You will be able to upload the following required documents for consideration:
- Cover Letter, describing your qualifications and experience
Review of applications will begin 5 business days from the posting date and will continue until the position is filled.
**Please note that finalist candidates will be asked to provide contact information for three (3) professional references.Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, Elizabete Trelegan (Assistant Director of Human Resources, B-219,978-556-3928/ firstname.lastname@example.org), the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights. Northern Essex Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery
To apply, click HERE
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency