College of Visual & Performing Arts (CVPA)Alternate Department Description:
Reva and Sid Dewberry Family School of MusicCriminal Background Check:
Standard Background CheckMotor Vehicle Background Check:
NoStatement of Economic Interest:
Not ApplicableJob Category:
Adjunct FacultyRole (State) Job Title:
Cello Adjunct Applied Faculty, Dewberry School of MusicWorking Title:
Cello Adjunct Applied Faculty, Dewberry School of MusicJob Type:
Commensurate with education and experienceWeb Announcement:
Cello Adjunct Applied Faculty – Reva and Sid Dewberry Family School of Music
The Reva and Sid Dewberry Family School of Music seeks a part-time artist faculty member in Cello starting Fall semester 2023.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Teach Applied Cello during daytime hours on campus;
- Collaborate with string faculty to provide lower string studio classes as well as on-campus and off-campus performances and events;
- Participate in recruitment activities for prospective cello students;
- Adjudicate string recitals and juries;
- Participate in the Strings Area initiatives, including performances, faculty recitals, auditions, workshops, and community outreach; and
- Teach lower string methods classes and/or cello pedagogy classes as needed.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Master’s Degree required; Doctorate in Music Preferred;
- Significant pedagogical experience teaching students of varied ages and abilities; collegiate teaching experience preferred;
- Demonstrated experience and interest in working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds; and
- Demonstrated professional performance experience.
For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, CV, and a list of three professional references with contact information.For Full Consideration, Apply by::
August 2, 2023Posting Date:
07/19/2023Open Until Filled?:
YesMason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason! Equity Statement:
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.Campus Safety Information:
Mason’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/