Director of the Transfer Center
The Office of the Transfer Center at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, (UTK) invites applications and nominations for our Director of the Transfer Center position. We are seeking candidates who can contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University.
Applications received within the first 2 weeks (14 days) of the job posting date will receive priority review.
This is an on-campus position with some hybrid/remote work schedule flexibility.
Reporting directly to the Associate Vice Provost for Enrollment Management and Executive Director of Undergraduate Admissions (AVP), the Director of Transfer Center (TC) will be responsible for the development, recommendation, and management of an approved comprehensive recruitment strategy for residential and online transfer students. The Director of Transfer Center will provide primary leadership, vision, and direction for the Transfer Center regarding all facets of transfer recruitment, credit evaluation, and admission in support of enrolling a diverse and high achieving transfer class to the University. This position will be key liaison with campus partners, community colleges, prospective transfer students, and external community partners and stakeholders.
Required Education and Experience:
• A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience including three (3) years of experience overseeing recruitment management functions as well as hiring, coaching, and managing a team.
• Strategic planning experience (examples include territory management, report building and maintenance, and the use of data driven decision making for planning and strategy development).
• Leadership & managerial experience – specifically leading a team of staff, motivating top performance, encouraging creativity, reinforcing organizational and institutional vision as team contributes to broad department and university goals.
• Demonstrated experience in relationship building and territory management.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible leadership experience in higher education overseeing recruitment management functions as well as hiring, coaching, and managing a team.
• Experience using CRM's, enterprise databases, web-based content management systems.
• Experience working with online programs - specifically related to admissions processes, policies, and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be adaptable, strategic, analytical, creative problem solver, and organized self-starter who is able to think unconventionally.
• Knowledge of enrollment management operations including transfer recruitment (online distance education and residential/on-campus programs), admissions, and the enrollment cycle.
• Ability to deliver polished results.
• Highly developed communication, organization, and presentation skills.
• Ability to meet critical deadlines, effectively collaborate with campus personnel.
• Ability to provide proactive solutions to complex recruitment challenges.
• Must handle confidential information in a discreet manner.
• Proven ability to supervise a team and evaluate the work of others.
• Ability to communicate and work with a variety of people of varying backgrounds; ability to counsel students and their families.
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Office proficiency.
• Ability to adapt to changing technologies, processes and procedures.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize a wide variety of job duties based on business value.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of CRM lead/prospect management systems.
• Knowledge of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville policies, procedures, and processes.
The Enrollment Management (EM) division comprises more than 190 full-time staff who serve our students through the following departments and functions: Undergraduate Admissions, International Recruitment, Transfer Center, One Stop Student Services, Financial Aid and Scholarships, University Registrar, EM Communications, and Research & Analytics. The Office of Enrollment Management is committed to our Vision, Mission and Values. We are passionate about fulfilling our land-grant mission of accessible education and making an impact that will transform lives through the student experience.
The University and Region
UTK is the state’s flagship, land-grant university. We are a Research 1 university with 11 colleges and more than 30,000 students. With new leadership at the system, university, and college levels, UTK is poised for dramatic positive change focused on solving some of the most audacious, pressing problems our country and world face today. The city of Knoxville is a hidden gem surrounded by eight gorgeous lakes, with a beautiful and walkable downtown, a diverse music scene including internationally recognized festivals, active neighborhoods, unique restaurants, and a robust offering of diverse cultural and outdoor activities. UTK is located within easy driving distance to the Great Smoky Mountains, Atlanta, Nashville, Asheville, Charlotte, Louisville and Cincinnati. It is only a day’s drive to Memphis, Chicago, and Washington D.C. Knoxville and the surrounding counties have a population of more than 850,000 people.
For full consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter detailing relevant experience along with a resume and the name, e-mail address, and telephone number of three to five professional references.Job:
Oct 24, 2023, 10:37:01 AM