Assistant/Associate Director of Major GiftsPosting Number:
AdministrationKey Responsibilities :
The Assistant/Associate Director of Major Gifts is primarily responsible for cultivating relationships which will help expand the donor base, while soliciting and providing stewardship for current funds, capital projects and endowment to achieve Juniata’s strategic objectives.
Juniata College is committed to cultivating an equity-minded and equity-engaged campus culture, one that is inclusive and supportive of its students, faculty, and staff. We believe that all members of the College community share the responsibility to engage, sustain, and leverage an interconnected learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and a sense of belonging is explicit. Juniata’s strategic mission promotes diversity in every expression, and amplifies the College’s commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and access. We aim to evolve into a more global, equitable and ethical community, where all Juniatians live a life of inclusive belonging needed for becoming leaders who value and embrace human interconnectedness and dignity. Juniata invites and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Cultivates new relationships and helps strengthen and maintain existing relationships. Listens to needs and priorities of and routinely follows up and communicates with prospective donors and donors.
- Recommends and implements coordinated stewardship strategies for Advancement team.
- Solicits individuals in order to help secure the financial support needed for the College.
- Plans and organizes fundraising programs and activities including volunteer committees and special events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
AA/EOE Position Qualifications:
BS/BA is requiredSupervision Required/Given:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a keen ability to foster, build and maintain relationships on all levels.
- A proactive manner and the ability and inclination to formulate and to articulate opinions creating consensus and momentum.
- Ability to work both independently within a broad strategic framework and institutional priorities and cooperatively and collaboratively with numerous and diverse individuals and groups.
- Must be willing to travel extensively and work non-traditional hours.
- Computer literacy with the knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite and desire to become familiar with specialized software.
Works independently with discretion and judgment as to how best to achieve College goals. Must work collaboratively and cooperatively with numerous and diverse individuals and groups. Reports directly to the supervisor of the Major Gifts department and works closely with other members of the College Advancement division. Provides supervision to student assistants as required. Special Instructions to Applicants:
Selection of the final candidate is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.Open Date:
09/07/2023Open Until Filled: