The School of Business and Management in the College of Business invites applications for an Assistant Professor or Associate Professor to begin Fall 2024.
The primary responsibility of all full-time faculty of the University is the scholarly teaching of students in the courses and sections that are assigned. The successful candidate must demonstrate an ongoing commitment to quality teaching, scholarship, advising, and professional service, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The candidate will be expected to deliver experiential and applied learning to students. All course delivery and assessment data will be aligned and collected in accordance with the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) accreditation standards. Courses will be taught in face-to-face classrooms, hybrid environments, and via online delivery. Additionally, this professor will advise students regarding a variety of career goals and courses.
Examples of DutiesTeaching:
• Teach 24 credits per academic year;
• Courses taught may be in the areas of introduction to business, business strategy, competitive intelligence, marketing, and internships as well as possible other courses in faculty member’s area of expertise;
• Instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of course materials, effective teaching methodologies and informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions;
• Prepare course materials and use appropriate teaching techniques which may include but are not limited to delivering lectures, leading discussions, and conducting experiential learning opportunities in face to face classes, hybrid environments and online through Canvas;
• Deliver experiential and applied learning to students while incorporating the technology available on campus;
• Contribute to the development and revision of course content and instructional materials, textbook and equipment selection, and assessment strategies;
• Align all course delivery and collect assessment data in accordance with the International Accreditation Council for Business Education accreditation standards.
• Apply emerging technologies and advances as necessary to perform duties in an efficient, organized and timely manner.
• Maintain current knowledge of instructional methods and new technologies pertinent to areas of assignment;Scholarship and Professional Activity:
• Remain current in areas of expertise through continual study and scholarship in discipline and through involvement in professional organizations;
• Provide assistance with curriculum development;Service:
•Participate in School, College, and University meetings, retreats, committees, and activities (open house, and/or student recruitment projects);• Follow the policies and procedures outlined in the Faculty Handbook;
• Advise students in the College of Business according to the Husson University Advising Manual;
• Work with students and employers in professional settings, internships, field placements, and similar work-related situations as needed;
• Employ University retention strategies;
• Maintain weekly office hours to meet with students regarding class work, course registration, program declaration and career preparation.Typical Qualifications
Terminal degree (PhD, DBA) is preferred; Candidates who have a masters degree and several years of industry experience along with approaching the end of their doctoral work may be considered.
Demonstrated excellence in teaching with specific knowledge and ability to teach undergraduate courses in a variety of business topic areas.
Knowledge and ability to teach face to face, in a hybrid environment or online.
A demonstrated record of scholarship.
Industry experience in at least one area of business for 5 or more years
Mastery of appropriate computer operation skills.
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging and have strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrating a commitment to cultural diversity and inclusive education.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to Husson University’s mission and to the highest ethical standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
• Effectively communicate with students and other faculty
• Read and interpret with vision ability for close and distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Ability to lift and move materials weighing up to twenty-five pounds
• Sit or stand for extended periods to time
• Bend, kneel, reach with use of hands and arms
• Utilize telephone, email and other university communications systems
• Operate a computer, copier, printer, television, and projector