Instructor/Assistant Professor of English - Marian University's Ancilla CollegeJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University is seeking an Instructor or Assistant Professor of English to promote our Catholic Franciscan Mission and Identity by contributing to the ongoing development of students and wide-ranging programs at Marian University’s Ancilla College and within the Department of English.
Marian University is a Catholic, comprehensive, regional institution of higher education dedicated to excellent teaching and learning in the Franciscan and liberal arts traditions and offers a multitude of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. Marian University has been experiencing significant growth over the last decade and is expanding its academic offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Teaching load: 24 credits per academic year.
- Share in the ongoing development and implementation of department and college activities and projects.
- Actively participate in curriculum implementation and activities of the Department of English.
- Engage in scholarship and other professional development activities.
- Mentor students through advising, internships, and service learning opportunities in the community.
- Participate in the life of the campus and university service, including participation in faculty governance and co-curricular programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide support to the student commons (student tutoring and resource space) in providing guidance, development, programmatic design and implementation of writing resources.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- A Masters degree in English is required; however, an earned doctorate, is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with students at varying levels of abilities, is required.
- Evidence of capacity for effective teaching in higher education.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, collaborative, and able to work independently with colleagues throughout the university and in the community.
- Demonstrated commitment to multicultural competence, best practices in teaching, high ethical standards, diversity, and community service/engagement.
- Experience with online education is strongly desired.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Posting Number:
P118FOpen Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: