This position serves as a key member of the Benefits Team, administering a variety of university benefit plans and programs. Administers, reconciles, and supports health and welfare plans at the university. Duties also include answering day-to-day employee inquiries/responses, troubleshooting, and providing support on related projects.
What You'll Do:
- Administers benefits plans, which include reconciliation and support of the university's medical, dental, vision, COBRA, voluntary benefits plans, and others. Utilizes knowledge of programs to resolve participant issues. Works with benefits plan vendors and internal Information Security team to correct and validate system programming to ensure benefits are administered as required by applicable law and plan provisions.
- Supports annual open enrollment process, including developing communications, planning events, and auditing data files.
- Optimizes HRIS by auditing files and finding opportunities to create efficiencies.
- Works with Finance, Accounting, and Payroll to pay invoices and support government reporting requirements.
- Creates, reconciles, and audits participant benefit files.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors Degree required
- Three to five years of experience working within a Human Resources/Benefits office
- Strong communication, quantitative and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and Oracle Cloud preferred.
- Knowledge of legislative issues affecting benefits and compensation.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Organized individual with the ability to prioritize numerous projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Top choice medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Retirement plan matching contribution of 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Full-Time Benefits
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported.
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.