The role’s primary responsibilities focus on Treasury Operations and Real Estate Financial Operations and support the overall work of the Office of the Treasurer. Treasury Operations duties include (but are not limited to) analysis of daily cash flows including ACH, reconciliation of payment card transactions, wire transfers and checks, voiding and stopping payments, bank transaction monitoring (including fraud and error detection), positive pay exception review and recommendation, debt compliance, and unclaimed property due diligence and escheatment, and others. Completes accurate and timely internal and external reporting and works closely with the university’s partner banks on due diligence issues, transaction analysis and other matters. Real Estate responsibilities include supporting the Director of Real estate with a variety of analysis and day-to-day support activity.
What You'll Do:
- Treasury Operations: Treasury Operations duties include (but are not limited to) analysis of daily cash flows, including ACH, payment card, wire transfers and checks. Completes accurate and timely internal and external reporting and works closely with the university’s partner banks on due diligence issues, transaction analysis and other matters. Tasks include initiating wire transfers, reconciliation of payment card transactions, voids and stop payments, bank transaction monitoring (including fraud and error detection), prepaid card administration, positive pay exception review and recommendation, debt compliance, and unclaimed property due diligence and escheatment to all U.S. states and territories.
- Real Estate Financial Operations: Supports the Director of Real Estate with analysis and maintenance activities of real estate. Provides financial analysis of existing and new tenant leases, including billing and reconciliations. Assists with management of outside vendor services, makes property tax payments, conducts budget preparation for the real estate portfolio. Role has day-to-day responsibility for support activity relating to real estate management, which include communicating with tenants, initiating ACH rent collection, entering work orders, issuing work order invoices, lease preparation and record maintenance. Person in role is frequently in coordination with DePaul's Facility Operations department.
- Assists Treasury Manager and Senior Financial Analyst with financial analysis, including accounting uploads, cash flow modeling and forecasting, unclaimed property due diligence and escheatment, and debt compliance.
- The Financial Analyst has significant financial responsibilities, including the ability to initiate electronic payments and transfers between university accounts. This role shares responsibility for cash management and the monitoring of hundreds of millions of cash inflows and outflows. Integrity with respect to Treasury accounting data is essential.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree required, graduate degree or progress toward preferred, preferably in finance, accounting, business or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years in a business operations support role, with emphasis on treasury operations a plus
- Resourceful, flexible, and able to resolve problems effectively, with a capacity for understanding the relationship of specific tasks to the broader operations and administrative functions.
- Experience identifying, documenting, and assessing risks and controls in financial and operational processes.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented in order to track and resolve multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
- Ability to communicate with clarity, tact, and courtesy, and demonstrate judgment and discretion with sensitive information.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of constituents at a variety of levels throughout the university, and the ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated, able to work in changing environment.
- Intermediate spreadsheet, database and word processing skills.
- Intermediate analytical skills, including finding synthesis and drawing conclusions from disparate data sources to provide comprehensive and meaningful conclusions.
- Works closely with university operating departments, particularly Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Office of General Counsel, Financial Accounting, Financial Services, Facility Operations and Advancement. Reporting relationship (dotted line) to Director of Real Estate.
- The individual in this role will be cross trained to provide analytical support across all Treasury areas, including ad-hoc projects. The individual in this role works with the Treasury Manager and Director of Real Estate to ensure there are necessary and sufficient internal controls for safeguarding university assets.
- Employment contingent on successful background checks, including criminal and credit check.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Top choice medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Retirement plan matching contribution of 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Full-Time Benefits
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported.
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.